Colt Forum banner

"Tim McCoy Remembers the West" book

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dogface6 
#1 · (Edited)
Our pard Jim Martin told me about this book

"Tim McCoy Remembers the West" Its great! Col. McCoy had a helluva interesting life lived through the last days of the old west, WWI, Hollywood silent film to the talkie era- WWII and a lot more.

He knew Wyatt Burp- I mean Earp, General Hugh Scott, Tom Mix, many American Indian leaders and old era warriors and shaman such as the Ghost Dance leader Wovoka, Warriors who were at the Little Big Horn, old west hard case gunman and killers during range wars. Lots of little known Wyoming history, including a sheep/range war round by Ten sleep, is related.

Col. McCoy had a real sincere intreast in all aspects of American Indian life and was a adapted member of the Arapaho tribe.

He was in on the early days of Hollywood and relates many stories about the films and people during that time.

Really fun book another "Time Machine" He comes across as a great guy, smart as hell, pretty damn tough and kind.

You can maybeso get Col McCoy's book for about $25 bucks- hell you can't even go see a modern comic book movie for that. And you can read it twice- I will just read it for the first time and will damn sure dig into it again.

Recommended ! Thanks Jim!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.