Ruger Wrangler
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ruger Wrangler

Member #
    Liked
    2168 times

Ruger Wrangler

I decided to buy one now that the new is off the new model. I bought the bronze color, I thought it looked better than the flat black or silver. I will take it out and shoot it soon but want to give a little feed back on how mine operates.

The loading gate is stiff in operation and I hope that gets better as I shoot it. The action is not exactly what I thought it would be and it's going to take some getting used to. My Colts have four clicks as you cock them and I have a tendency even when the Colt is empty to put the action on the first click for safety. Ya I know you only carry five in the cylinder and rest the hammer on an empty chamber but it's a habit hard to break in putting it on safety.

Anyway out of habit after I closed the loading gate on the Ruger I started the hammer back looking for my Colts safety notch. I let the hammer back down and then the gun would not cock until I moved the cylinder to align it . The Ruger I own won't allow you to cock it unless you make sure it's indexed and you hear the cylinder click into place.

Any of you other Wrangler owners have the same reaction?

Jim

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1333 times
    I am pleased with mine. Yep stiff loading gate. Chambers are tight when loading, but ejection is slick as a whistle in the one I have shot.

I have a pair of silvers. I will grab at least one bronze if I ever see one for sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    459459, jeepnut711 and SHOOTER13 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2168 times
    jeepnut711, Gator89 and SHOOTER13 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    I have two, one silver, one bronze. The loading gate is tight but feel is OK. The actions are smooth and they are a lot of fun and accurate. Grandkids love them and to me that is worth every cent. The bronze one has some Black Hawk grips on it that I had. Frame XR3-RED.
    thumbnai11l.jpgthumbnail51.jpg
    459459 and SHOOTER13 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2168 times
    Found a holster in my stash

20190916_112530.jpg
    SHOOTER13 and Gator89 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1459 times
    The loading gate does not get any better. My wife could not even open it. I find it very annoying when doing a lot of shooting.

Member #
    Liked
    10356 times
    I told my buddy at my LGS to hold a Bronze Wrangler for me when he gets more in...

They had stocked 4 of each color, and they flew off the shelves.

...if Ruger was smart, the would add a .22 Magnum cylinder to make it a convertible model.

Last edited by SHOOTER13; 09-16-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    459459 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    The loading gate does not get any better. My wife could not even open it. I find it very annoying when doing a lot of shooting.
    On the Ruger forum Iowegan has stated he took the Wrangler gate spring and the Single Six spring and the single six is a little closer together compared to the Wrangler. Said he compressed his Wrangler spring and made the gate easier to use like the single six. Might want to look his posting up.

Member #
    Liked
    2168 times
    ^^^^ thanks
    jeepnut711 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1333 times
    Smoky Mountain Guns & Ammo has black Wranglers in stock for $179.99 with free shipping, no extra CC fees!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links