Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Pocket knives - Jack knives

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    BEDBB91E-F727-42F3-B280-DFD4AAD61C1C.jpgThe Buck 112 auto is the most carried. I recently purchased it.

Member #
    Liked
    11732 times
    A few Case "jack knives".

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1459 times
    I have several pocket knives but this Buck 501 is the one I carry the most. I bought this at the PX at Patch Barracks in Germany in 1977. Continues to be a nice knife for me!
    Kim
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    313 times
    My wife says I have a SICKNESS when it comes to knifes . They can be folding or fixed . They can be broken or new . They can be made in USA , GERMANY , and yes some from China . They all find a way home with me . I go to garage sales , estate sales , gun shows and PEOPLE GIVE SOME . My favorite line I use when barganing on one is " Will you take (x amount ) and I hope you say NO , because I really do not need another knife " . Most of the time they laugh and say ok sold . My HOLY GRAIL knife I want to find is a RANDAL MADE KNIFE . MAN , MY WIFE IS CORRECT , I do have a sickness
    Rick Bowles likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Eye Tom View Post
    My wife says I have a SICKNESS when it comes to knifes . They can be folding or fixed . They can be broken or new . They can be made in USA , GERMANY , and yes some from China . They all find a way home with me . I go to garage sales , estate sales , gun shows and PEOPLE GIVE SOME . My favorite line I use when barganing on one is " Will you take (x amount ) and I hope you say NO , because I really do not need another knife " . Most of the time they laugh and say ok sold . My HOLY GRAIL knife I want to find is a RANDAL MADE KNIFE . MAN , MY WIFE IS CORRECT , I do have a sickness
    Its contagious, I have it too.
    Hawk Eye Tom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3593 times
    For the knife encyclopedia as to defining knife styles or blades designs, try this site: https://agrussell.com/

Bob Wright
    Beecherkid likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Pocket knives, oh yeah, I’m in.

Everyday carry first. Micarta handled boot knife, off brand but strong and flat and works as a Yawara stick. Great back pocket knife. For more sociable occasions the German Mercator Cat knife with oak, smoothed and carved.

P9230053.jpg

Whittlers: These are my main go to knives for whittling. Sometimes I think I took up whittling just to have a reason to buy knives. Case, Schrade, Hen & Rooster, Camillus, Post Sheffield IXLs and some off brands.

P9220015.jpg

Very small knives: Somehow these just seemed to pile up. Serve no purpose but to look neat.

P9230015.jpg

Small backup whittlers: Queen, Case in the middle, Camillus upper left, real and fake MOP lower left, some sort of antler, smooth and jig bone right. Click to enlarge.

P9230022.jpg

Camp Knives: We all had them. Imperial Kamp King lower left, Girl Scout top, ball point pen knife right center. Russian upper left and some others.

P9230030.jpg

To be continued.

KNO3

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Part 2

Smooth bones, I always had an affinity for smooth bones. Mostly off brands. Click to enlarge.

P9230037.jpg

Vintage German Garden and Bartender knives: The garden knives, top, are by Hugo Koller and the bartenders are by E. Bruckmann. My pictures do not do the handles justice.

P9230044.jpg

Odd and Ends: Some cheap switchblades and one homemade switchblade, street pickups, or takeaways if you will, upper left. Lower left a Victorinox utility, some sentimental favorites and two balisongs. Does anyone know if the upper right black plastic handled knife with the can opener and lanyard is a Navy knife?

P9230055.jpg

KNO3

Member #
    Liked
    15459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Eye Tom View Post
    My HOLY GRAIL knife I want to find is a RANDAL MADE KNIFE.
    Hmmmm.... perhaps we should talk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Member #
    Liked
    15459 times

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links