Lew Horton Distributing.....GONE
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Lew Horton Distributing.....GONE

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    That's the forth distributor in 18 months down the tubes...Gun business sucks right now
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    Maybe they are tired of fighting the establishment. With changes coming and no body knows for sure exactly what legislation is going to be enacted, this may be a good time to shut down and just walk away.
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2169 times
    Most likely no one in he family wanted to take over the business or the cost of running the business has gone up and just won't cover the overall expenses.
    ei8ht likes this.
    "In Africa, the saying goes, 'In the bush, an Elephant can kill you, a leopard can kill you, and a Black Mamba can kill you. But only with the Mamba is death sure.'Hence its handle, 'Death Incarnate." -Kill Bill vol 2 (Tarantino,2004)

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2230 times
    Maybe he just wanted to retire. I am so happy being retired that I wish I had done it earlier. I don't blame anyone for moving on to a better life.

Member #
    Liked
    598 times
    IIRC , they had a run of (500?) Pythons with non-fluted cylinders that looked cool as a jewel!
    ei8ht likes this.
    "One does not sell Colts , one buys Colts! "

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    989 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mkk41 View Post
    Davidson's seems to be the big distributer for special run guns now.
    Every "special editon" firearm that I've bought has been from Davidson's or TALO. I've heard of Lew Horton been never seen one at my LGS.
    ei8ht likes this.
    Berhati-hati di ruang platform. 🇸🇬

Member #
    Liked
    598 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcat94 View Post
    Every "special editon" firearm that I've bought has been from Davidson's or TALO. I've heard of Lew Horton been never seen one at my LGS.
    Probably before your time into guns. Hortons was big in the late 70s-90s.

The one on the left , a 657 Classic Hunter from 1991. Hortons did a couple runs , 500 , then 2000. Actions were done by the S&W Custom Shop. The trigger pull on mine is superb.

20120812_01.jpg
    Last edited by mkk41; 10-11-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    Uplander and Redcat94 like this.
    "One does not sell Colts , one buys Colts! "

Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    The owner of my local shop jokes about dusting the ARs being part of owning a gun shop right now. Had to hurt the great LH. I loved the runs of unfluted revolvers they offered in the 90s.

DJC

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    I have a nice Smith 24 2 1/2 or 3 inch .44 sp that I bought used the late 1980s. I is a superior revolver and is even more used now than when I bought it. Sad to see an outfit like Horton leave the field.
    big_gus and old tanker like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2169 times
    In a way I blame the gun manufacturers. They want you to carry every model they make to be a dealer for them. like Sig, HK and various others. No one wants to stock models that are hard sellers and expensive to boot. That is money tied up for the business. I think eventually your going to see no dealers just direct sales from manufacturers like the old world used to be. Shops closing all the time. Too much competition out there and lets be frank it's a cut throat business. Everyone is looking for a deal. There is nothing wrong with that but the profit margin on new guns are very low to stay in business. There is a better profit on older guns or used guns if you will.
    SnidelyWhiplash likes this.
    "In Africa, the saying goes, 'In the bush, an Elephant can kill you, a leopard can kill you, and a Black Mamba can kill you. But only with the Mamba is death sure.'Hence its handle, 'Death Incarnate." -Kill Bill vol 2 (Tarantino,2004)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links