What do you carry when you travel?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: What do you carry when you travel?

Member #
    Liked
    598 times
    An S&W Model 638 Stainless Bodyguard. Made in the 90’s before locks and MIM parts. I wear a speed strip pouch on my belt. I have a Springfield XD-S 9mm that I’m still trying to warm to.
    WVCOLT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Signal_20 View Post
    Wow you were taking your life in your hands going to Chicago. The home of some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation and the highest murder rate with guns Wow those strick gun control laws are really working! Sorry to get off topic but I couldn't resist.
    Jim - I am well aware of the "risks" associated with travel to any major US City; knowing where to go or not go and how to identify and manage threats is paramount to our safety (when my wife travels with me or by myself) when traveling. I'm a retired Federal LEO (in addition to a Retired Coast Guard Chief Warrant Officer); I re-qualify annually to be able to carry a concealed handgun anywhere in the US without fear of arrest! It should be the same for all!

It may be passe to say this but "Situational Awareness" is key to survival. We've traveled to New York City (Combat Commander .45); Oakland and surrounding Bay Area Cities (Combat Commander lightweight .38 Super); Detroit (Combat Commander .45 and Cobra .38 Special); Houston (Delta Elite 10mm). You get the idea; I don't travel within the US without at least one handgun. When driving my own vehicle I also have a Mossberg Shockwave 20 gauge loaded with #4 Buckshot to deter Car Jackers!

Why wife and I also travel internationally - unfortunately no firearms allowed but there are other options available - but once again (and mainly because of the family or friends we're visiting) we avoid areas where we either should not go but if we do - we exercise caution.
    WVCOLT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    I take my Detective Special or my New Agent in 9mm pretty much everywhere I go. For a longer trip the Delta Elite or Python rides along in the glove box.
    ColtsDad and WVCOLT like this.
    Cheers,
    Walter

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9183 times
    Just going to town, shop and eat usually pocket carry a Sig 238. Trail riding one of many larger guns.
    WVCOLT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Usually have this by my side when traveling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WVCOLT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    My SIG P220 .45 is my constant companion wherever I go. Unless I am hog hunting, then it is the 10mm.
    inspcalahan and WVCOLT like this.
    "No man in the wrong can stand up to a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a comin'." Capt Bill MacDonald, Texas Ranger

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links