Colt Forum banner

What do you carry when you travel?

3K views 38 replies 34 participants last post by  JOG 
#1 · (Edited)
It can be vacationing or business traveling.

I usually carry a Glock 48 9mm. But, this time an AMT Backup .45 stoked with HydraShoks came with me to New England. This particular pic was in Vermont.

What do you carry away from home?

Best,
Charles

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I actually just switched from my Glock 26. I now carry a Glock 43 single stack 9mm. Small, accurate, and trouble free.

#14 ·
A Glock 19 and spare mag lives in my truck.
Everything else depends on season, location and how I dress:
Ruger SR1911 Commander 45ACP in Bucheimer OWB holster
S&W Shield 9mm in Alien Gear IWB
Glock 42 .380 in Alien Gear IWB
Kel-Tec .32 in pocket holster

#16 ·
The first thing I do when travelling across state lines is to check the latest concealed carry reciprocity of those states. Too many changes going on and I don't want to risk a violation.

#19 ·
This is the deal for me... I always carry high end 1911's or Single actions in public in my Open carry gun belts. BUT when I am forced to leave my county (except San Antonio The Alamo) I tend to just toss a cheap Taurus PT145 under my shirt or next to me in the console. That way IF I was ever FORCED to defend someone or myself, the loss of the pistol to a Police evidence room doesn't concern me one bit.

Reactions: WVCOLT
#20 ·
That way IF I was ever FORCED to defend someone or myself, the loss of the pistol to a Police evidence room doesn't concern me one bit.
I actually heard a gun show salesman use that as a selling point for one of those blow-back 9mm's (Jennings?). He told the guy "It only has to work once and who cares if the police confiscate it?"

#24 ·
The West German P Series ARE serious . The 229 was the only one to have the slide milled from billet .
i had a 220 in .45 , loved and still love it . I “pawned “ it to my father to buy a Colt . He gave it back to me as a Christmas present the next year . I promptly sold it to my brother in law - to buy another Colt .

Whatever I carry , bet your bottom dollar - it’s a Colt ....... Today it was in the eighties, took the Mrs. to lunch , Pony pocketlite in my pocket .

Attachments

#25 ·
I alternate between guns for carry including some of the following:

My S&W 357 air weight 360PD weighing a scant 11 ounces and you never know you are carrying something but it is brutal on recoil.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

A Kahr PM40 bought thru Kahr's Blue Label program.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

On hot days when you dress light a North American 22 WMR Derringer. I carried it as a backup on duty for many years.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Airsoft gun

A High Standard 22WMR 2 shot Derringer.
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol

If you really wanted round capacity you could carry my Kel-Tec PMR30 with 30 + 1 of 22 WMR although I don't :)
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

#26 ·
My favorite for long distance Automobile Travel, ( and for all round everything always anyway, ) has always been my old Colt Government Model in .45 ACP.

Airline Travel, then Rent-a-Car Travel, I have always just brought one of my old shorter Barrel .38 Special Revolvers, as it is a lot easier for TSA et al to comprehend and to see that is it not 'Loaded' etc.

#28 ·
Wow you were taking your life in your hands going to Chicago. The home of some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation and the highest murder rate with guns :):):) Wow those strick gun control laws are really working! Sorry to get off topic but I couldn't resist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.