Why is it so difficult to speak with somebody at Colt?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Why is it so difficult to speak with somebody at Colt?

Member #
    Liked
    441 times

Why is it so difficult to speak with somebody at Colt?

Could not reach anybody on Friday.
    Closed yeaterday.
    Reached a live person today after being on hold for close to 45 minutes only to be transferred to a voicemail.

Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Maybe because they're a manufacturing company, and not a customer service one? Try calling Chevrolet sometime.

Really not trying to be a smart-aleck. What's you're question, maybe somebody here can help?
    shooter214 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bob View Post
    Maybe because they're a manufacturing company, and not a customer service one? Try calling Chevrolet sometime.

Really not trying to be a smart-aleck. What's you're question, maybe somebody here can help?
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    441 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bob View Post

Colt doesnt operate the same as GM. Their customer service is at Colt. They dont have worldwide dealerships and suppliers and distributors of archive letters.

Please let me know if I'm wrong. Do they have a supplier that can provide me 20 letters at once or is contacting Colt my only option.

Member #
    Liked
    441 times
    Should I contact Brownells or Custom Shop for warranty work?....not trying to be a smart aleck.

Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    My one time I had to contact Colt directly was September, 2018 and it went great. The service rep was knowledgeable and mailed me the missing items for the GCNM I purchased from Bud’s. It’s been a year since that experience so things may have changed but I would have given them high marks based on my experience.

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    I have had very good dealings with Colt customer service. Wait times vary, but I take into account the volume of calls they probably get. I have dealt with Coonan, Bond Arms, Savage, Smith & Wesson, and several others. Wait times vary from 5 minutes to 45 minutes depending on how busy they are. After whatever wait time it is Colt has always taken care of whatever issues I have. The other ones I have dealt with have always provided good customer sevice.

Member #
    Liked
    894 times
    "Your experience may vary"

Yes I'm being a smart a$$.
    I don't know much but at least I know that much.

Member #
    Liked
    3078 times
    I was able to get a hold of Colt CS on the phone about 8 years ago when I was going to order a custom SAA- did not do it, to bad I would have got it by now. If I tried to call them on the phone Crom knows how long it would take those days.

I really do not like- well hell no, that's not true- I GD hate the way phone service is with near all companies, medical offices, small and large business's damn near every place- phone service has damn near been destroyed by- as Jim Martin would say the "Infernal Machines" Even the military is infected with it.

Every thing is in the GD computer and the computer don't work.

Phone service has been ruined by the "infernal machine" cabal- It might get us in some serious deadly trouble someday.

Colt probly is no different, most likely computers triage calls now and probly talk to the customers. Or rather irritate the customers. Send the call to voice mail purgatory and forget about it.

If I call to do business anywhere and a human picks up the phone- I will probly call back and give them more business.

If I get a robot soab- unless I can't go somewhere else- I don't go back.
    Last edited by Ugly; 10-15-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    BRK100 and PICARDIE like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15832 times
    It’s a timing thing. I’ve had a handful of days when it seemed like it was kind of bad, but many many more times, I’ve called with no wait at all. I’ve called many times when looking at a gun in a shop and was seeing what year a gun was made by the serial.. things such as that, so it had to be fairly quick and they were.
    Probable bad times to call would be the day after a holiday or holiday weekend, early when they first open , while they are having a training /meeting, or just after that, and all afternoon on Fridays, or at least late on Friday. Today I would have expected to be bad after a long weekend /holiday on Monday, so they’re gonna be playing catch up.
    I went to the post office in town near work today at lunchtime. I needed to get a usps money order and it was the biggest line I’ve ever seen. It looked like Christmas -last minute shipping you’d have thought. I didn’t have much choice. Sometimes we have to call Colt when we can ,, and it’s just gonna be wait time. But when you can spread out away from the rush times, the mid afternoon times have been good times for me.
    JTom likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links