? Best way to ship ammo

Member #
    Liked
    33 times

? Best way to ship ammo

I' seem to have accumulated some ammo that I probably will never use, I'd like to advertise it,but looking for advice on best/ legal way to ship it.
    Any tips ?

Thanks

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    744 times
    You may want to take a look at FedEx

1. Ammo may be shipped Ground Only
    2. Continental USA only (it may be shipped to AK and HI but entails more regs)
    3. 50 Cal or smaller
    4. Package cannot exceed 66 pounds
    5. Labeled ORM-D (good through 2020)
    6. Select ORM-D/Limited Quantity when filling out shipping label
    7. Arrange pick up or drop off at a hub
    8. There are no additional fees for shipping ammo
    Preparedness + Opportunity = Luck
    NRA Benefactor Member
    KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    UPS operates the same way. You have to ship from a hub, not the UPS store.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    971 times
    I use UPS its easier than Fedx ,fed has to many regs. .
    UPS hub asks me whats in it and I tell them Ammo, they weigh it and label it , ship it.prices are consistent with about 1buck per pound (average ) .
    I've sold a bunch on GB the last 3 weeks and that has been what I guesstimate for shipping. I have a scale at home . im off about a couple dollars either way.
    pack it tight and use plenty of clear packing tape and heavy cardboard if you can get it.

Member #
    Liked
    4310 times
    Some people just mail it in a USPS Small Flat Rate Box which is against Postal Regs. Some may not be aware of that.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhwind View Post
    Some people just mail it in a USPS Small Flat Rate Box which is against Postal Regs. Some may not be aware of that.
    We all want to be law abiding citizens but.... Do you think even remotely that the people at the post office can decipher the USPS regulations? Do you think they open or x-ray every (or any) box going through the system? Have you ever looked up the Federal legal definition of ammunition (hint empty brass is considered ammunition). As a reloader did you ever ship brass through the Post Office? A few years ago the Post Master General (the one responsible for enforcing the law) spoke at our law officer beneficial organization. He told stories about handguns and ammo fallen out of poorly wrapped packages. Seems a lot of Postal workers go bananas when 22 ammo starts falling between the conveyor rollers. His advice was to package gns and ammo securely. Just saying.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Great responses, thanks a lot.
    Mark G

Member #
    Liked
    4310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beemermark View Post
    We all want to be law abiding citizens but.... Do you think even remotely that the people at the post office can decipher the USPS regulations? Do you think they open or x-ray every (or any) box going through the system? Have you ever looked up the Federal legal definition of ammunition (hint empty brass is considered ammunition). As a reloader did you ever ship brass through the Post Office? A few years ago the Post Master General (the one responsible for enforcing the law) spoke at our law officer beneficial organization. He told stories about handguns and ammo fallen out of poorly wrapped packages. Seems a lot of Postal workers go bananas when 22 ammo starts falling between the conveyor rollers. His advice was to package gns and ammo securely. Just saying.
    You can mail empty brass USPS as long as it is "unprimed"
    I agree that the USPS probably is not going to x-ray every box, etc. But mailing depends on where you mail it from.
    I sold a Star .22 slide on eBay, the buyer was in Spain, the local PO asked what was in the box as it was going overseas. Oh you can't send that. Took the same to a local Book Store that has a PO sub-station desk in back. No problem.
    Now whether mailing ammo is illegal or just against Postal Regulations I've no idea, I was just posting that I have received ammo mailed SFRB. I'm inclined to believe that the PO suspects what may or may not be in some boxes, but the average post office clerk probably doesn't care.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Sponsored Links