Avoid dealing with Gunbroker user (name removed)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Avoid dealing with Gunbroker user (name removed)

Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    So you dealt with an unpleasant dealer who offered you an out - not to buy it. Why not just walk away?
    Joel6180 likes this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7466 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoReno View Post
    ... Too bad Colt Forum felt the need to edit out the offending dealers name. Now others who may deal with him will get burned as well!
    The Colt Forum is neutral in these situations .

Regardless , if we were attempting to silence your message , it would've been removed entirely . The GB seller username was not removed also any member interested can pm you for further details .
    Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    707 times
    This looks like the auction - so folks can read all the facts.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/841318933
    big_gus likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    586 times
    Often, it's better to go with a quicker shipping option so there's less time for the firearm to get loss or stolen.

Joe

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    795 times
    I see now the original post by OP said rip you off ON SHIPPING. I missed the on shipping part, so my original post is partially wrong, maybe most of it-I now believe the CA DOJ was under the assumption the seller (non-FFL) was shipping the firearm. Another assumption which may be wrong on my part. This could or could not be legal as I’m not sure how either classifies it as a firearm or not. I believe the DOJ does, but not 100% sure. And on my original statement, I said if my Ad, I’d eat the costs, meaning if I was the seller. I believe the gun shop should not, unless they are the seller. Still looks like a deal but I don’t know much about these, I do know I believe my buddy whom collects these would be very happy with this price. Hope everything works out for both of you.
    Last edited by big_gus; 11-05-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    2240 times
    The gun culture really opened up on the net and items you never see in your area are listed for sale in other states. While the market grew it still allowed bad things to happen so buyer beware are words to live buy.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    707 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 459459 View Post
    The gun culture really opened up on the net and items you never see in your area are listed for sale in other states. While the market grew it still allowed bad things to happen so buyer beware are words to live buy.
    Seller beware also. I have had more crap happen to me as a seller than as a buyer. But, I try hard to read the whole auction, or advertisement, and follow instructions when buying.

Member #
    Liked
    2240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel6180 View Post
    Seller beware also. I have had more crap happen to me as a seller than as a buyer. But, I try hard to read the whole auction, or advertisement, and follow instructions when buying.
    There is a rating system at GB that gives you all the positive and negative reviews on a seller. I don't sell on GB so I have no idea what to look at on buyers. Honestly I search GB for prices so I have a rough idea what the value of a gun is. While I have bought guns that were listed on GB, they were in my state and I drove there to make a deal. Otherwise I have my FFL hunt for a good deal on GB and he handles the ugly side of deals.

Jim

Member #
    Liked
    15819 times
    Sal, it sounds like the FFL is only involved as the shipper. They can make rules for their business that is, in their opinion, in the best interests of their business. The seller for the estate may not have known the rules and simply clicked on the 2-3 day option. I noticed the seller has virtually no experience selling on GB. If you can't live without the 1877 (I could), it seems a good compromise would be to split the shipping with the seller though the animosity may have passed that option.
    Last edited by Rick Bowles; 11-06-2019 at 04:47 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beemermark View Post
    So you dealt with an unpleasant dealer who offered you an out - not to buy it. Why not just walk away?
    You cannot just walk away from a Gunbroker purchase. Once you commit to buy you need to follow thru.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links