Avoid dealing with Gunbroker user (name removed)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Avoid dealing with Gunbroker user (name removed)

  1. #21
    Member

    Member #
    24862
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    133
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bowles View Post
    Sal, it sounds like the FFL is only involved as the shipper. They can make rules for their business that is, in their opinion, in the best interests of their business. The seller for the estate may not have known the rules and simply clicked on the 2-3 day option. I noticed the seller has virtually no experience selling on GB. If you can't live without the 1877 (I could), it seems a good compromise would be to split the shipping with the seller though the animosity may have passed that option.
    As I said, it is not so much the overpriced shipping as much as the arrogance and immediate nasty responses from these individuals when you ask them nicely why it cannot be shipped via U.S. Mail. This occurred prior to and after they had all the evidence from the ATF and Post Office which states that they can. You are right Rick, the seller should have offered something in return for listing the shipping options wrong. Or, the dealer could just follow the laws as written and ship it USPS. It would have been the end of the discussion. I just do not want to see other forum members having this kind of trouble if they deal with this seller and dealer.

  2. #22
    Senior Member

    Member #
    15403
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sleeping under a tree.
    Posts
    2,624
    Liked
    2445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoReno View Post
    You cannot just walk away from a Gunbroker purchase. Once you commit to buy you need to follow thru.
    Sure you can, people do it all the time. All you've got to do is read the feedback from buyers and sellers to see how often this happens. I'm with Cam, I haven't used Gunbroker in years and never will again. Not because I haven't got good deals but because I've decided that I prefer to inspect the firearm personally prior to purchase.
    Last edited by smutt; 11-06-2019 at 07:45 PM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member

    Member #
    22708
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5,647
    Liked
    15543 times
    Sal, I've dealt with you and though your reputation is what brought me to you, your practices and professionalism is what will bring me back. Clearly you have standards and ethics that are commendable but, as much as we would like, the golden rule doesn't work with everyone. All you can do is stay true to your values and take solice in the knowledge that it's all on the wheel and karma's a bitch!
    shooter214 likes this.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

  4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Member

    Member #
    24862
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    133
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smutt View Post
    Sure you can, people do it all the time. All you've got to do is read the feedback from buyers and sellers to see how often this happens. I'm with Cam, I haven't used Gunbroker in years and never will again. Not because I haven't got good deals but because I've decided that I prefer to inspect the firearm personally prior to purchase.
    Sorry smutt, but you are wrong. What occurred with my purchase is not listed as an exemption from buying. See Gunbroker rules below:

    Canceling a Purchase
    Avatar
    Shaun
    Updated 1 day ago

    Last Updated 3/6/2019

    Policy:

    Once a listing has ended, a buyer cannot cancel the purchase.

    Reason for policy:

    A bid or purchase on GunBroker.com is considered a binding agreement/contract; therefore, it cannot be retracted or canceled unless there are exceptional circumstances. All bidding is a binding obligation to complete a transaction. You should not place a bid if you are not able to complete the transaction. If there is a purchase you are unable to complete, you may offer to reimburse the seller for the fees incurred for the sale and relist, otherwise the seller will need to complete the credit request process.

    Exception:

    The buyer can request a purchase be cancelled if:

    Item is no longer available
    Item was damaged or item condition changed, prior to shipment
    Item was stolen or confiscated, prior to shipment

    The buyer should contact Contact Customer Support to report the issue, and post appropriate feedback for the seller:

  6. #25
    Senior Member

    Member #
    15403
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sleeping under a tree.
    Posts
    2,624
    Liked
    2445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoReno View Post
    Sorry smutt, but you are wrong. What occurred with my purchase is not listed as an exemption from buying. See Gunbroker rules below:

    Canceling a Purchase
    Avatar
    Shaun
    Updated 1 day ago

    Last Updated 3/6/2019

    Policy:

    Once a listing has ended, a buyer cannot cancel the purchase.

    Reason for policy:

    A bid or purchase on GunBroker.com is considered a binding agreement/contract; therefore, it cannot be retracted or canceled unless there are exceptional circumstances. All bidding is a binding obligation to complete a transaction. You should not place a bid if you are not able to complete the transaction. If there is a purchase you are unable to complete, you may offer to reimburse the seller for the fees incurred for the sale and relist, otherwise the seller will need to complete the credit request process.

    Exception:

    The buyer can request a purchase be cancelled if:

    Item is no longer available
    Item was damaged or item condition changed, prior to shipment
    Item was stolen or confiscated, prior to shipment

    The buyer should contact Contact Customer Support to report the issue, and post appropriate feedback for the seller:
    That may be their policy statement but perhaps you can explain how exactly they can force a buyer or seller to honor that policy? They can’t, it’s just a bunch of words with no teeth for dishonest people. Try getting ripped off on gunbroker and see how much help they are. About as much help as the post office when you get ripped off on their money orders.

  7. #26
    Member

    Member #
    24862
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    133
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smutt View Post
    That may be their policy statement but perhaps you can explain how exactly they can force a buyer or seller to honor that policy? They can’t, it’s just a bunch of words with no teeth for dishonest people. Try getting ripped off on gunbroker and see how much help they are. About as much help as the post office when you get ripped off on their money orders.
    Just because the seller and dealer are not honest or fair and Gunbroker may not help does not mean I have to be dishonest and not follow thru with my purchase. I made a commitment to buy and that is what I did, regardless of the shipping situation that occurred afterward. I posted the situation on here to warn others. If more people were honest, fair and of their word there would be less problems in this world.
    forward_observer likes this.

  8. #27
    Senior Member

    Member #
    15403
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sleeping under a tree.
    Posts
    2,624
    Liked
    2445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoReno View Post
    Just because the seller and dealer are not honest or fair and Gunbroker may not help does not mean I have to be dishonest and not follow thru with my purchase. I made a commitment to buy and that is what I did, regardless of the shipping situation that occurred afterward. I posted the situation on here to warn others. If more people were honest, fair and of their word there would be less problems in this world.
    My statements may have been misconstrued as advise on what you should or shouldn't do, which they were not. I was only pointing out that there is really no concrete protection against dishonest people on gunbroker. I myself have 88 feedbacks on gunbroker, all of them A+, and even though we have no rating system on the Colt Forum I'd be willing to bet that if we did they would be all A+ also.


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
We are not associated with Colt's Manufacturing LLC. We are an enthusiast site comprised of Colt Fans.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.