• 1 Post By azshooter45

Thread: The wife brings home the weidest stuff for me

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2273 times

The wife brings home the weidest stuff for me

I always very much appreciate the wife periodically bringing home anything she finds while out and about that she thinks I might like. That has, on a number occasions, resulted in an increase in my Colt firearm collection, my Colt library, and on one occasion a Winchester lever action from 1906 and a Winchester Model 1910 in .401 caliber.

At times I'm a little unsure as to my actual need for some of the items, but I'm certainly NOT going to say anything to discourage her efforts. Her latest haul:
    1107191521~2.jpg
    Apparently, she thought I might want to make a bowie knife with the stag handle (even though I've never said anything about knife-making and have no clue), she had no idea what the barrels were for (neither did the seller) but figured I might need them (don't have an Uzi, but did have a couple in the past so maybe she figured I needed more), she thought the old Ezra Brooks whiskey decanter funny and so therefore I should as well.

I've never figured out for sure if she's my reward for something really good I did that I don't recall, or I'm her punishment for something really bad she did that I probably wouldn't want to know about. Either way she's always been a keeper.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Definitely a keeper. the only thing my wife brings home to me from all her shopping around, is the bill.
    Fortibus55 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortibus55 View Post
    I always very much appreciate the wife periodically bringing home anything she finds while out and about that she thinks I might like. That has, on a number occasions, resulted in an increase in my Colt firearm collection, my Colt library, and on one occasion a Winchester lever action from 1906 and a Winchester Model 1910 in .401 caliber.

At times I'm a little unsure as to my actual need for some of the items, but I'm certainly NOT going to say anything to discourage her efforts. Her latest haul:
    1107191521~2.jpg
    Apparently, she thought I might want to make a bowie knife with the stag handle (even though I've never said anything about knife-making and have no clue), she had no idea what the barrels were for (neither did the seller) but figured I might need them (don't have an Uzi, but did have a couple in the past so maybe she figured I needed more), she thought the old Ezra Brooks whiskey decanter funny and so therefore I should as well.

I've never figured out for sure if she's my reward for something really good I did that I don't recall, or I'm her punishment for something really bad she did that I probably wouldn't want to know about. Either way she's always been a keeper.

I really think that decanter is clever!

... and how do you like your Winchester 1910? I just got a 1907 and have not had a chance to fire it yet -- need to order some pricey .351 ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2273 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley492 View Post
    I really think that decanter is clever!

... and how do you like your Winchester 1910? I just got a 1907 and have not had a chance to fire it yet -- need to order some pricey .351 ammo.
    If you think .351 ammunition is pricey, try and find some original .401 rounds! And as you probably already know, finding an original spare mag is an expensive chore as well. Can't say I've ever fired the Winchester in .351, but the little carbine size Model 1910 kicks like pissed off mule. Lets just say I have a good number of rifles that are more pleasant to spend an afternoon shooting. Have fun with yours, let us know how it goes.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Last I heard Buffalo Arms had .351 SL for about $1.50 per -- I don't expect to be shootin' it that much.

Maybe it's time you found a nice Winchester 1903 SL (.22 LR) -- they are pretty tame.

Winchester 1907 002.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    8998 times
    That little pig sticker is kinda cute.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links