Questions on CCA Convention 2020 schedule
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Questions on CCA Convention 2020 schedule

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times

Questions on CCA Convention 2020 schedule

For CCA members in the know-(website a little light on details on 2020 Scottsdale show)--
    What can I expect?

Thursday Oct 1-Sunday Oct 4.

What goes on each day?
    Which days are members-only?
    Are sales allowed?
    Website mentioned possible Auction?
    Do people meet for dinner?
    ei8ht likes this.
    Colt snubbies rule.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Hi. I assume 2020 will be very similar to prior shows as the format seems to be a good one. Tables are available for trade as well as judged displays. Thursday setup with members viewing on Thursday. Showroom open for members early on Friday, Saturday with
    public allowed in later. Local tours arranged both days. Friday evening reception &dinner for members and guests. Also a couple of topical seminars. Saturday judging of displays with lively auction before dinner and awards presentation. If you can, you should try to go; you will see Colts and related material which you may never see anywhere else. Hope this helps.

P.S. Nice ‘vette!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2300 times
    Thursdays they normally have some tours available, this year it was to the Texas Rangers Museum , and Friday my wife went on a tour of Dallas. It is like a nice gun show but + 10 on Colt overload, no junk just all awesome Colt stuff. The auction Saturday night can be very interesting and you might seem some unique and rare stuff, bring your check or credit card! I have been a CCA member since the late 90's but I have only been to the last two years shows.

go you will have a great time !
    NRA Life Member
    Colt Collectors Association
    CCDL Member
    Colt Woodsman Collector

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1857 times
    I so need to join and GO!
    CHECK OUT MY HAND MADE PISTOL RACKS FOR YOUR FAVORITE HANDGUN! 1911's, revolvers, or whatever. I make models to safely and securely fit most popular sizes. Like us on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Website coming soon!

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times
    Thanks for replies gentlemen !

So if I don't have a table, Thursday viewing in p.m.- after others set up- is still worthwhile then? Trying to make my time requested off work most effective...

Also, it seems from website- joining is Paypal only (not gonna happen) - is there another way?
    And you have to pay each January for each calendar year(unless Life Member)?
    Last edited by 68python; 11-11-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    ei8ht likes this.
    Colt snubbies rule.

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    18098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 68python View Post
    Thanks for replies gentlemen !

So if I don't have a table, Thursday viewing in p.m.- after others set up- is still worthwhile then? Trying to make my time requested off work most effective...

Also, it seems from website- joining is Paypal only (not gonna happen) - is there another way?
    And you have to pay each January for each calendar year(unless Life Member)?
    Thanks for your interest in joining CCA. As a long time member who attends the show each year I can assure you that you will enjoy the show if you like Colt's. It is a 100% Colt only show where you will be able to buy, sell and trade Colts as well as attend the dinners, seminars, tours and gun displays. CCA has a new secretary as of last month and her name is Diane Layson. I just spoke with her about your questions and she said that you could send in a check for your membership. The cost for one year is $50 and well worth the money as the quarterly magazine is 2nd to none. You can call her with any questions at: 859-551-8659 or e-mail her at: colt [email protected].

The web site will be updated with her contact information in the new future. I asked her about the membership ending at the end of the year and she is going to get back to me on that issue. She said that you do receive a full years membership no matter when you join. When I get clarification I will post it here. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to PM me.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2300 times
    Thanks Cam, I have never paid via PayPal, and have always sent a check in, but I wasn't sure if they had changed things.

Craig
    thecoltguy and ei8ht like this.
    NRA Life Member
    Colt Collectors Association
    CCDL Member
    Colt Woodsman Collector

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times
    Thanks, Cam!
    Mailing a check is ideal.

Sounds like I should try to get all 4 days of Show off, if possible....
    ei8ht likes this.
    Colt snubbies rule.

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    18098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 68python View Post
    Thanks, Cam!
    Mailing a check is ideal.

Sounds like I should try to get all 4 days of Show off, if possible....
    If you have any questions, address etc. please give Diane a call and I know she will assist. She just took over the Secretary position so is still learning the job but will get the answers for you. I hope you will attend some of the shows in the future and please look me up so I can welcome you.
    68python and ei8ht like this.

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    18098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by colt03 View Post
    Thanks Cam, I have never paid via PayPal, and have always sent a check in, but I wasn't sure if they had changed things.

Craig
    Craig

Diane says that checks are fine and please send her an e-mail to verify the address as she is in Kentucky so the address may be different then in the past.

Cam.
    ei8ht, Colt-SL and 68python like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links