Like Tree297Likes

Thread: Family Veteran Photos - Personal Heros

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2341 times

Family Veteran Photos - Personal Heros

If you would like, please go ahead and use this thread to post your own family's personal Veteran heroes on this auspicious day.

The left one is my father on leave in Japan during the Korean War. (Phrased poorly … they're both him of course) Not only a hero in regard being a Navy Veteran, but has been a hero to me every single day of my life. I should hope I turned out to be half the man he has always been.
    Bud Navy.jpgBud 1952.jpg

EDIT: Photos of your hero are not required. Just let us know about he or she if you'd like.

EDIT: And if you want to share your own service photos, you certainly deserve to be in this Veteran thread as well! I'd love to see them.
    Last edited by Fortibus55; 11-13-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Member #
    Liked
    3938 times
    My Father, Royal Canadian Air Force pilot/navigator (De Havilland Mosquito) and my Uncle (Fathers Brother) Canadian Army Sergeant, Signals Corps dispatch rider.
    2 members of the "Greatest Generation"!

IMG_1057.jpgIMG_1433.jpg

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13608 times
    Wonderful Dallas!

My dad served aboard the USS Pittsburgh, CA72, in WWII.

Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1816 times
    My Dad was the second oldest of five brothers who were all in the USMC. My Dad was not a career Marine serving only in WW2 but his brothers were. The last brother(youngest) saw action in Korea and Vietnam. He managed to survive the Khe Sanh siege back when. Very lucky they all survived without anyone being seriously wounded. My Dads oldest brother looked like R.Lee Ermy and did time as a DI at Paris
    Island. Pete

Last edited by sturmgewehr; 11-12-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    COLT,finally a HANDGUN worth owning!!!
    Life Member NRA-1974
    Psalm 23 “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing—-“
    I had a commission USNR from 71-77 but do not consider myself a Vet
    My Dad and his four brothers USMC,WW2,Korea,Vietnam were Vets

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16178 times
    No - the ships were not wooden. Yours truly.. 88-94

Dad -late 60’s

🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    489 times
    My father and my older brother, both in Arlington. Forgot to mention my son who went to Afghanistan with the 19th SF group and as a civilian 5 times.

fullsizeoutput_2ef.jpegfullsizeoutput_2f1.jpegScreen Shot 2014-04-14 at 7.43.21 PM.jpg
    Last edited by flintsghost; 11-11-2019 at 06:22 PM.
    The reason I carry a .45 is, Colt Don't make a .46

Member #
    Liked
    5821 times
    My cousin, always big for his age, lied about that age and joined the Marine Reserve in 1950 at age 15. After basic training, he had turned 16, but his unit was activated and sent to Korea. So, at the tender age of 16, he was thrown into combat. He never spoke much of it. What he did, was drink. And he did not stop drinking until his liver failed and he died. May he have found the peace that eluded him in this life.

EDIT: Age.
    Last edited by po18guy; 11-12-2019 at 12:03 AM.
    ei8ht, Fortibus55, WVCOLT and 9 others like this.
    NRA Life member. 31 year LEO. Moderator
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Survivor of 3 Cancers: PTCL-NOS, AITL, MDS, plus a stem cell transplant. My condensed cancer journey
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    under "about me" and more detail
    Avatar: "No, it's not a silencer. This little doodad is my own invention. I call it a LOUDENER"

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I come from a long line of warriors. My great-great grandfather, Richard Thomas, served in the American Civil War for the Union with troops from what is now West Virginia.
    My father, P.R./⎌Tommy Thomas, served in WW 1 and was stationed in France.
    My two older brothers, Jack and Jerry Thomas, served in WW2 in the China, Burma, India theatre. Jack was a P38 pilot and Jerry was an armorer/mechanic (they both survived the war). Jim Thomas

Member #
    Liked
    2731 times
    My father served as a supply corps officer (captain) in the CBI (China, Burma, India) theater for about 2+ years. He spent most of the time there either in Burma or China taking convoys up and down (literally!) the Burma/Ledo road. At on point, he took one of the first relief convoys from Ledo to Mitkyna (pronounced "Mitch-eh-nah), Burma after the U.S. and Chinese troops took it back from the Japanese. Another time his convoy went all the way from Ledo to Kunming, China where all the supplies and vehicles were turned over to the Chinese Nationalist Army. The truck drivers and officers had to fly back "over the hump" to get back to Ledo. Another one of "the greatest generation"!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    36343 times
    My Dad, My Hero, 96 Years old.
    USNR, South Pacific, Solomon Islands, Tulagi.
    Doesn't like Japanese Cars.
    I drive a Mazda RX8.
    RX8-2 - Copy.jpg

ei8ht®
    OGCA Life Member
    Last edited by ei8ht; 11-11-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    ei8ht of 9ine
    Colt Assimilator
    Amateur Historian
    Retired TV Guy
    -------------------------------------Wanted Police or Agency Marked Colt Hammerless

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links