• 3 Post By Ugly
  • 1 Post By smutt
  • 2 Post By ColtsDad

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Member #
    Liked
    3166 times

What did you shoot today?

Went out to the range today for Vet's day, a good pick, nobody there quiet so quiet- and relaxing

Been stove in so kind of a light exercise for me felt great. Took the old standby my NRA .357 SAA 50 rds .38, 50 rds .357. The SAA is the most relaxing hand gun in the world- no hurry, no worries, no chasing brass, 5 rd strings, had a thermos of coffee and some beef jerky, played the John Westly Hardin card game hit fair but not good.

I don't like the wood grips on my NRA .357. I have a set of black eagles like to get fitted to it some time, but it can wait.

I tried to find the old thread "what did you shoot today?" but could not find it- mods please combine if its not disappeared someplace.

Went out again today 11/15/19 with the same NRA SAA. I had a choice- do some no fun chores or drive out to the range, I'm a lazy devil so went out to the range- WTH it can wait.. lol, same thing 50/50 38 Special and .357 100 rds. Windy but not to bad. One young guy there with a long slide Glock 17, noise of the .357 brought him over to talk- he liked the Colt.!
    Last edited by Ugly; 11-15-2019 at 11:33 PM.
    krag96, ei8ht, 824tsv and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2605 times
    I like my wheel guns best for the same reason. Setting a relaxing pace. And no chasing brass. What could a better time at the range need? Oh, and nice looking shooter you’ve got Ugly.

Tom
    krag96, Ugly, ei8ht and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3166 times
    That not mine Tom- I'm not computer savy at all but mine looks much like the photos- I just got the pictures off the internet

"I like my wheel guns best for the same reason. Setting a relaxing pace. And no chasing brass."

You are right nothing better!
    ei8ht, Colt-SL and SHOOTER13 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2504 times
    Combat Commander 38 Super
    Les Baer Premier 2 45ACP
    Les Baer Concept 8 45ACP
    Gen 3 Woodsman Match Target
    Smith and Wesson 41
    Ruger Bearcat

I always bring 22's along whether I'm shooting handguns or rifles, makes for a more relaxing time.
    Last edited by smutt; 11-11-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    Ugly likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1881 times
    Great post Ugly , sounds like a great day . Simple and relaxing are the key words in this thread
    my son and I went shooting on Sunday . 50 and 100 with my new 6940 upper to sight in BUIS and
    Aimpoint . Surprisingly , only had to do 2 clicks for windage on the backups. Aimpoint came off my
    6920 - so was pretty close . Club was crowded, so I could fine tune a little in near future.
    Also brought my 20” HBAR with ACOG - impressive as usual.

I will transfer this in his name soon , he just took his NRA safety course .
    I also brought my SPECIAL COMBAT GOVERNMENT.
    He shot 2 50 boxes , starting at 15 yards , then switched to the 7yd when available.
    i was proud of his handling , operation and groups.

He will however have to buy his own SCG in the future.
    SHOOTER13 and Ugly like this.
    COLT TO THE CORE

Sponsored Links