Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Buyer Beware Roper Grips

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    793 times
    As usual azshot, you are spot on! Problem is ethical AND “modern replica or recreation” simply rarely go together. The reason being is human nature, greed, of which I was a chief too. We cannot serve 2 masters for we will love one and hate the other. We cannot serve God and Mammon. Unfortunately I’ve let many things master me, but Praise God, I finally saw the Light. This verse I have to revisit from time to time, I post with me being front of the line. Matthew 16:26

One thing, I do respect about Keith Brown, is he does his grips where they can’t easily be “transformed” into “originals”. He is an extremely talented grip maker also. That being said, if I can get a nice original set for 50% more, it’s an easy choice for me. Now if originals get 4x-5x more then that’s an easy choice for me the other way lol. Some say his are higher quality than the originals, some cases I can see that as a factual statement, others I can’t. It’s a case by case situation. All that being said, I respect KB’s work. He’s the only one turning out “Modern Ropers” I would even consider buying.
    azshot, colrhino, ei8ht and 2 others like this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    2697 times
    What do you guys think about these?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/845104659
    ei8ht likes this.
    Every King gun deserves a set of Ropers!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    793 times
    I’m 99% sure those are reproductions. Better reproductions but not original Ropers imo. This seller did sell what I believe were original Ropers recently, very unusual, but I believe original Ropers. The price reflects the unusualality of them. Think I just made up a word there ....
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/837848115

I’d like to have them in hand to give my official approval but I’d would have been comfortable enough to bid on them. The current ones, I would not bid on at a price range even half of original Ropers. Just my personal opinion
    Last edited by big_gus; 11-19-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    skwcoltguy, skilled and ei8ht like this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2697 times
    BigG good eye! And yes I tried to buy those bid over 1200 but didn’t get them. If they would of been colt I would of had to own them! I have so many I just try to buy the unusual now.
    ei8ht likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    793 times
    Ok, my turn, I’ll post one... Real or Fake? I know you aren’t holding them, but best guess.

At least 10 pictures coming so please wait on all, want every angle shown
    Last edited by big_gus; 11-19-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    ei8ht likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    793 times
    More pictures
    ei8ht likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    793 times
    Last pictures
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2697 times
    Obviously I'm not holding them, but my gut is telling me fakes. Clearly escutcheons and screw are modern. Notice they have the same wood and color of the ones I posted on GB. I would not feel comfortable calling these Ropers.
    ei8ht likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    793 times
    ^^^ I agree... unfortunately lol. Man I wanted them to be real but within 5 seconds of pulling them out of box, I said FAKES!
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2697 times
    I feel your pain. This is a good set for discussion. Purchased these in a "Lot". Was really hoping the were Ropers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links