Cabelas Gun Library Prices?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Cabelas Gun Library Prices?

Member #
    Liked
    200 times

Cabelas Gun Library Prices?

I see a few old Colts on Cabelas Gun Library in another state. What is the protocol on their prices? Are they open to offers or is the price the price, take it or leave it?

Member #
    Liked
    746 times
    My #1 rule for determining if a price is negotiable...try to negotiate a price.

Member #
    Liked
    282 times
    There is a very large distribution of prices across the stores. Iíve seen a 20-30% difference for similar guns in similar conditions. Over time, I know which store gun library is higher versus another. Wait long enough and youíll see a gun drop significantly in price. Itís obvious that some employee in the gun library sets the price and there is a lot of variability across the stores.

Theyíve never been to eager to negotiate and usually drop the price 5% when Iíve asked. Of course, the few times Iíve done so, itís been on a gun they havenít had long in the gun library. I suspect it would be a larger drop if the gun had been there awhile.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1783 times
    Dont buy from Cabelas as they do not let u remove safetż lock to test gun. Buyer beware.

Just my $0.02
    Rick45 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by topduarte View Post
    Dont buy from Cabelas as they do not let u remove safetż lock to test gun. Buyer beware.

Just my $0.02
    That’s been my experience but a recent post would suggest some of the gun libraries are not as strict...

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/lou...-cabela-s.html
    1911Collector likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    They will remove the trigger lock, but the barrel must be placed in a 'shot tunnel' before that happens. They do have some 'wiggle room' on the price if it has been in their inventory for an extended time frame (and I have not been able to learn what that period is). Never hurts to ask.

However, if you have to get the gun shipped out from another store ($25 charge) the store you will be dealing with usually does not have the inventory records and will have to wait until it arrives to determine what, if any, discount they can offer. If you are military, or a veteran, they will give you a 5% discount on everything.

The feature I like is that for the transfer fee you can inspect the gun with no obligation to buy. Numerous ones I have purchased from them are just not available from LGS or local Gun Shows -- I can search country-wide for what I want and take it from there.
    1911Collector likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    598 times
    Cabelas does have a 20% or 25% off everything sometimes. I think it's called employee discount day.

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Thanks.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1055 times
    My previous experience with Cabela's has been that there is some wiggle room on prices... the most I ever got them to come down was $100 on a $1600 gun.

With guns in other Cabela's stores, you can pay a flat $25 fee to have the gun shipped to your Cabela's so you can inspect it, with no obligation to buy. I've done this before, but there was no wiggle room on the price for that particular gun (I bought the gun anyway).

I don't know about any military discounts, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Others have told me that Cabela's prices are higher than average; I've always thought their prices were average. Keep in mind I'm not a "bargain hunter"... if I feel a price is fair. I buy it (I'm not one of those people who delight in taking advantage of others). But Cabela's has often had guns I couldn't find elsewhere.

I made a purchase at Cabela's two weeks ago... they did remove the trigger lock so I could test it, but they did make me keep the barrel in some sort of safety device. Silly, but as they said, they have to do what their lawyers say. However, if your Cabela's won't let you test the gun without the trigger lock, then refuse to buy the gun and politely explain why.
    Some guy and krag96 like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1828 times
    How eager Cabela's staff are to negotiate the price depends on how long they have had the gun in inventory. If they just got the firearm in they will not be eager to negotiate. It the firearm has been sitting there collecting dust for awhile they will be open to offers. I always ask nicely if they have any "room" on the price and have always gotten some discount..
    victorio1sw likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links