• 3 Post By Radicalrod

Thread: Ohio Gun Collector Association

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6917 times

Ohio Gun Collector Association

We are not from Ohio, but sure do like the OGCA show. We were guest last November (2018) and made application to join. Luckily we were accepted and have set up at four shows since. There is something at the show for everyone, unless you are looking for costume jewelry or t-shirts. What I mean, there are collectible guns and modern guns, and enough of each for all, with a nice mix. Table count is around 700. The facility is nice and works perfectly. So our total visits are up to five. We are set to make January number six. The last information I read, membership is at 18,000. You can visit this show as a guest two times, after your second visit you cannot visit again. You must join. Sure seems to work for the OGCA. Wish there was a way to take this concept national. We as pro second amendment supporters need to do everything we can to promote our belief and our hobby. Support all the groups you can. The NRA does what they can, but we need to do more. If we could just do a fraction of what OGCA does in our own local area, we could make a difference.
    Last edited by mentallapse; 12-04-2019 at 08:26 AM.
    It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived.

Member #
    Liked
    663 times
    Agreed.
    I've been a member for many years and don't even bother with other local shows.
    OGCA provides the venue for what interests me.
    I set up at every show other than the summer date and always find something that does it for me.
    I've met several Forum members there and always take advantage of the vast knowledge in the room when necessary.

My only issue is that some of the local ex Goodman hawks are starting to infiltrate the show which crowds up the walls with sellers unwilling to rent a table like the rest of us.
    I have no problem taking a gun to sell at the show but if someone is carrying four or five guns, contribute and get a table.
    Rant over.
    It's a great organization to be a part of.
    mentallapse, Radicalrod and ei8ht like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    641 times
    I'm a life member and consider it one of the best Midwest Gun Shows.
    Radicalrod, ei8ht and mentallapse like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

The Consummate Collector

Member #
    Liked
    18611 times
    While I now only attend once in a while, in the early years I attended almost every show. I have been a life member for almost 50 years and can attest to what Randy is saying. It is one of the best shows around.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37805 times
    Ditto....

ei8ht®
    OGCA Life Member
    Last edited by ei8ht; 12-04-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    ei8ht of 9ine
    Colt Assimilator
    Amateur Historian
    Retired TV Guy
    -------------------------------------Wanted Police or Agency Marked Colt Hammerless

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I am a Life Member - OGCA a museum where you can buy the exhibits!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5672 times
    Well we (OGCA) have room for a few more good guys like Randy......you need to get in as a guest then you can fill out an application....

As Randy stated your only allowed two guest passes then you must join......it is members only.....it works well.....I promise you will be happy.....

If anyone needs help let me know...….if your looking for beef jerky stop at the gas station on the way as you won't find any at this show.....RR

We need quality displayers for the MAY 2020 Display show.....the next display show will be in 2022 as we are going to an every other year schedule.....

The Colt Archives and Forgotten Weapons will be here too.....mark the date.....
    webley455, ei8ht and mentallapse like this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links