Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By cda926
  • 1 Post By Biffjohanson

Thread: Saw some nice percussion guns today on a movie set

Member #
    Liked
    3097 times

Saw some nice percussion guns today on a movie set

Our area is host to several film shoots at any given time. Deputies from my agency do "extra" jobs working security when they film on location.

This is an Amazon Prime production set just prior to the Civil War. This company hired a gentleman to provide period guns. There were some reproduction 1851 Colts and Dragoons etc.

Some of the rifles were originals though. I got to examine a Halls Ferry and some others. I talked guns with him and some other gun wranglers.

Very interesting afternoon!

Best,
    Charles
    RDS, cloverleaf, krag96 and 2 others like this.
    WANTED: Police & Company issued revolvers!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Interesting. I thought the liberal actors boycotted Georgia.
    krag96 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    12183 times
    There is a Halls rifle and and several Harpers Ferry rifles. The Halls rifle, which was an early breech loader, ended up being produced at Harpers Ferry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2481 times
    At one time a few production companies hired re-enactors as extras, background color and just warm bodies. I don't know if it is still common as I've been out of the game for a while. We had the proper period clothes, hats, footwear, guns and accouterments and knew how things were worn and used. Some of the guys (and women) had originals but most had reproductions. It was really fun visiting with folks and talking history and looking and other's kit.

Movie making can be real tough on guns. During "Alamo: The Price of Freedom" a guy brought an original Brown Bess. While breaching the north wall, an over-exuberant "Texan" blocked him and broke the wrist of the Bess. Never saw him again on the set.
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ." --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life Member: NRA, TSRA, NMSSA
    Action Pistol Director-TSRA

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links