Like Tree54Likes

Thread: December 7

Mac

Member #
    Liked
    582 times

December 7

Lets not forget.
    My wife Dixie, who was a small child and in Pearl Harbor, still gets choked up.
    Mac

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23707 times
    We should all remember what happened and be sure we do not let something similar happen again.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1374 times
    Pearl Harbor.gif

NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, God Bless the greatest Generation!
    Ugly, 1988RRC, krag96 and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1048 times
    Never forget, ever.

Nor those who followed.

God bless Robert Johnson who fell at the Battle of Midway.

My cousin and a true American hero.
    krag96, Ugly, Mac and 1 others like this.
    I don't know much but at least I know that much.

Member #
    Liked
    2773 times
    I had an aunt and uncle (my grandmother's brother and his wife) that were at Pearl Harbour during the attack. He was a civilian contractor doing work for the Army at the time. He said that people would stand out in the middle of the street watching the Japanese aircraft bombing and strafing with some being killed as they watched! As soon as possible after the attack, he arranged to come back to the good ole continental north america! No, I don't think that is something that will ever be forgotten! It is too deeply ingrained into the American history.
    Mac, krag96, Ugly and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6103 times
    I remember the morning of Dec. 8th sitting in front of a solid walnut radio cabinet that had sliding doors w/my gran'ma & gran'pa & listening to Pres. Roosevelt declare war on Japan,I didn't know where Pearl Harbor was & my gran'pa told me it was in Hawaii.I still have that old radio cabinet in my dining room.
    krag96, scstrain, Mac and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3548 times
    When I was a volunteer at a military hospital back in the 90's we had a Pearl Harbor Vet. named "Roy" working also as a volunteer in the dental clinic. Roy was a helluva character- he was quite the ladies man, he new all the ropes of "Space A" travel and went all over the world- and he would help the cute nurses learn the ropes of hitch hiking on military planes. lol he got a lot of attention! Roy was a fleet sailor before WWII, and the stories he would tell about pulling into ports such as Shanghai were entertaining and funny as hell.

The little he would tell about Pearl Harbor was horrific.

I hope we remember what happened always, and remember and respect those who fought and gave their lives at Pearl Harbor.

But sad, most of the American people seem to have a short attention span.

Roy vanished some years back and I can't remember his last name so I can't find out what happened to him.

But I will remember him.
    Last edited by Ugly; 12-07-2019 at 10:50 PM.
    Mac, krag96 and scstrain like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    917 times
    I just watched Midway last weekend, great Movie!!! Many movies disappoint me so greatly nowadays I rarely go. I took a chance and was extremely pleased. Might watch it again after it comes out of the theaters. Highly Recommended to everyone here!
    I never got a chance to ask my Grandfather about the war, he died when I was 9 yo in front of me of a massive heart attack. He was my rock, had no one else to turn to then. Anyway my grandma told me he was in the Army (good boxer too, met Joe Louis while in service), and he was supposed to have been in Pearl Harbor for something and just left 2-3 weeks before the bombing. That’s about all I know of my beloved Grandpa’s service other than he was a WW2 vet. Best I can remember is he wouldn’t buy anything or own anything Japanese. I mean if they were giving it away, he wouldn’t take it.
    Mac, saintclair, Ugly and 1 others like this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1374 times
    The problem is that the liberals / college professors / liberal leftist politicians / etc., are trying to change history. Sadly, they are succeeding...................chip by chip.
    tdennis, Ugly, up196 and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1972 times
    It would be interesting to know what percentage of high school seniors know anything about Pearl harbor.
    theoldways, big_gus, Ugly and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links