Full Checkered Grip Prices
    JWP

Member #
    Liked
    55 times

Full Checkered Grip Prices

What is the going rate for a set of the full checkered target stocks? I’ve seen some sets with a pretty high asking price but I don’t know if they are actually selling or just somebody wishing they could get big money.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    900 times
    Gold or silver medallions? Early or later medallions? These make a difference assuming we talking about original colt factory stocks. Condition makes a difference too of course.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

JWP

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    They are silver medallions, and probably in 80% condition or so. They are original Colt grips. The thing is, I bought a Trooper that was wearing them, but it was a ‘68 model so I know they weren’t original to the gun. I don’t particularly care for the way they feel so I put a set of service grips on the gun that I like better. I’m not about to sell the target set just yet but the thought had crossed my mind so I was just trying to get an idea of value. I don’t know how to determine if they are early or late medallions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    900 times
    Silver ones it won’t matter much. The gold medallion (python) first gen are the grips which bring a big premium. I never messed with grips that were under about 95% but if I had to GUESS I’d say a set as you describe is worth about a hundred. I know for a fact if someone offered me a hun and a half for a set like you describe I’d latch onto it like a bear trap going off . There was a set on the bay recently early medallions/silver looked correct and minty with a starting bid of either 275 or 299. They didn’t get and bid and were relisted. May still be on there..? They are worth that imo. Problem is with the fakes out there now, it’s greatly reduced the value of some of the originals-sucked cause I had a few boxes full of minty original grips. Others not being reproduced (yet) are still slowly climbing. But I’m sure they will be on the chopping block soon...
    Last edited by big_gus; 12-11-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23651 times
    I would have to see what 80% condition means to you. Is that just normal wear or does the checkering show damage. I would think that normal wear at 80% would sell in the $200 range. Put them in our forum's classified section if you decide to sell them.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    900 times
    I would think 80% would be right rough looking with plenty of check wear. If they just have a slight wear (more like 95% actual), then absolutely in the 200 range and be easier to sell.

Sponsored Links