• 1 Post By trains2planes
  • 1 Post By Buckspen
  • 1 Post By Mikebiker

Thread: A Bit Different Then Our Current WWII Theme

Member #
    Liked
    1437 times

A Bit Different Then Our Current WWII Theme

How about a Remington Model 37 22 Target Rifle. This gem came in the other day and now resides in my collection. It is a Heavy Barrel all out target rifle designed to compete against Winchester Model 52s. They are considered to be a top shelf gun of their day and still very desirable today. First gun for 2020!

IMG_9428.jpg IMG_9452.jpg IMG_9467.jpg IMG_9488.jpg IMG_9472.jpg
    jcmh1, Kid Sopris, 824tsv and 8 others like this.
    This all started with one gun!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    2392 times
    "Top Shelf"...ain't no doubt about that! Winchester M-52's I see quite regular, Remington M-37's...hardly never! Is it U.S. stamped?

Member #
    Liked
    2422 times
    Very nice!!
    krag96 likes this.
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ." --

Life Member: NRA, TSRA, NMSSA
    Action Pistol Director-TSRA

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1437 times
    No US Stamp. There were only a little over 12,000 of these made compared to a much larger number of Winchester model 52s.
    krag96 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    A Not seldom seen rifle but a real work of art. Nice even with out checkering. Is the trigger guard housing metal or plastic? I have one of the Mossberg Target rifles in 22lr, forgot model number but the trigger guard was made of plastic otherwise a fine rifle.
    krag96 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2833 times
    I have owned a couple of the Remington Model 37s and they were really great shooters. As good today as they were all those years ago. A very knowledgeable gunsmith friend of mine once told me that these guns had a very slightly tapered barrel (a little smaller internal diameter toward the muzzle) and that was the reason they shot so well. He developed his own technique of "taper-lapping" .22 rimfire bores like the 37's and many of his custom guns were top winners in bench rest .22 matches.

- Bruce
    krag96 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trains2planes View Post
    A Not seldom seen rifle but a real work of art. Nice even with out checkering. Is the trigger guard housing metal or plastic? I have one of the Mossberg Target rifles in 22lr, forgot model number but the trigger guard was made of plastic otherwise a fine rifle.
    Remingtons and Winchesters were all steel. Mossberg used a lot plastic and stamped parts to keep the price low. While they were not the quality of a Remington or Winchester they were still fine guns and better then most stuff you can find on the market today. I have several Mossberg Target rifles and a couple are US marked. There are metal replacement trigger guards made for these guns. The plastic Mossberg used was an early one and it often shrinks and causes a poor fit.
    krag96 likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links