Lucas Oil with Colt SAA and other Colt guns...
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Cohiba
  • 3 Post By inspcalahan
  • 1 Post By Recusant
  • 1 Post By Brassmonkey

Thread: Lucas Oil with Colt SAA and other Colt guns...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Lucas Oil with Colt SAA and other Colt guns...

Hey All....

This is NOt...repeat-NOT a discussion on what you use or what is the "best" gun oil there is... This is more of a curiosity question(s) and here it goes.

When did Lucas Oil start being put in with the Colt item?? Example: I purchased a Colt AR-15 about five months ago-Lucas Oil. Same with my 1911 and now my Colt SAA.

Why?? Does Lucas give a "percentage" of sales back to Colt? Sponsor Colt related shooting events? Own a portion /invested in Colt?

Does anyone use the Lucas Oil packaged in with your new gun??? It states on the package "Extreme Duty"...why not their regular gun oil? Has anyone liked it and now has switched over to Lucas Oil?

Pro-vs-Con??

Just your 2cents on Lucas Gun Oil.

Thanks
    krag96 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    982 times
    Lucas jumped in with Sig as their "featured" lubricant a few years back too. I've used it and it's one of the better products. It's decent stuff but in the end, all just marketing. I'm sure they pay the gun company to include some with everything, hoping the end purchaser will become loyal to their brand.
    Geronimo, krag96 and Colt-SL like this.

Member #
    Liked
    512 times
    Lucus was also in with the Springfield Saint the I bought back in the fall.
    krag96 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4497 times
    Lucas Gun Oil has been around for quite some time now as I've had a small bottle of it for at least 20 years now.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23744 times
    I recently saw a short special on Lucas Oil. The person being interviewed was interesting, but I got the feeling that their products are basic oil with a "witch's brew"
    of additives 'thrown in.' They are very secretive about those additives.
    I recently had problems with an old automobile, so I purchased some of the Lucas Oil Additive that is sold on line and at Wal-Mart. The additive may have improved the engine performance by cleaning out carbon build-up, but it also dissolved part of the rubber feed line from the gas tank to the engine. I had gas leaking all under my car. I was lucky it did not catch fire.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Saintclair- My “snake oil” for the last sixty years has been Marvel Mystery Oil. You might enjoy a blog on oil, 540RAT. It use to be short and to the point. Do a speed read.

Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    It is all about $$$$$'s baby.

Member #
    Liked
    569 times
    After years of Triumphs, BSAs and Healeys I can't have the Prince of Darkness touch my guns.
    tayninh69 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    550 times
    I bought 5 gallons of Lucas oil for general use and for one of the ultrasonic tanks. Small quantities are $1 or more/oz, 5 gallons/15 cents/oz. It’s all about the packaging/applicators. I doubt there is any real advantage to any brand lubricant as long as it is a suitable type and viscosity.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1012 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saintclair View Post
    I recently saw a short special on Lucas Oil. The person being interviewed was interesting, but I got the feeling that their products are basic oil with a "witch's brew"
    of additives 'thrown in.' They are very secretive about those additives.
    Yelp, that is a pretty good summation.

I had two exciting and diverse careers during my days: Valvoline Technology (40 yrs) and local county LE (13 yrs). I could write pages in response to this or similar comments but it would likely bore most. Ha! Actual product development and product application/testing requires significant investment and talent. This was one of my areas of responsibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgLnP9koj7s

I'll just say Lucas does a fairly good job of marketing toward niche opportunities.

Vic
    Preparedness + Opportunity = Luck
    NRA Benefactor Member
    KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links