• 1 Post By JohnnyP
  • 1 Post By big_gus

Thread: Requesting help with barrel & grip identification

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Requesting help with barrel & grip identification

Hi All,

I am in the process of going through my uncles estate and found a few gun parts that I was looking to identify. If anyone would be willing to share some information / expertise I would really appreciate it.

From the research I’ve done, the barrel looks to be a 1911, but I wasn’t sure. I have attached photos of the markings on the barrel for reference.

As for the grips I wasn’t sure if they were Colt grips or generic. There looks to be a “28” which is difficult to make out on the inside of both, and a listing of gun types but I can’t make out much.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Clay

Member #
    Liked
    12156 times
    The barrel appears to be the common leg HP found on the Model 1911 beginning at about serial number 400,000 thru the end of production, but have never seen one with the HP that far back.

Can't help you on the revolver stocks.
    ei8ht likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    893 times
    Hard to tell on the stocks with those pics, they are Colt (Most likely Aftermarket). If I had to guess Aftermarket Walnut Colt E/I frame stocks. Try them on a Python/Officers Model/Official Police/Original Trooper/Three Five Seven/etc. to know for sure.
    ei8ht likes this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys! Trying to assist my family with researching and selling some odds and ends so this is a huge help. Really appreciate it.

Clay

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links