Glock G44 22LR
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Glock G44 22LR

Member #
    Liked
    676 times
    I purchased a Glock 44 today at 359$ pretax. Another shop had them priced at 379$

Being rushed for time, I only fired 30 rounds. So far, so good. I hope to give it a good workout tomorrow.

Joe A.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1902 times
    IMG_5572.jpg Look anything like this?

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    I ordered a Sig 226 Classic in 22 just before I heard about the Glock. Very different beasts, but I'll definitely try the Glock at tue LGS's range out of curiosity.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    38919 times
    My LGS had them in stock, $359.
    I made the 89 mile round trip yesterday.
    OK so their not that Local but its a nice drive
    into southern Ohio if there is no Snow.

I put 50 rounds through it, I Like it.
    Not a Colt hammerless,
    but then they don't come in 22.

ei8ht
    ei8ht of 9ine
    Colt Assimilator
    Amateur Historian
    Retired TV Guy
    -------------------------------------Wanted Police or Agency Marked Colt Hammerless

Member #
    Liked
    1690 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman99 View Post
    Just checked my local shop and they priced their Glock G44 at $395 plus tax. I joked with them that they must have mistakenly switched the "9" and "5" in the price tag, but they weren't amused...
    You have a few Det Specials I would be happy to work a trade for on a Glock 44.
    ei8ht likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by g27racing View Post
    You have a few Det Specials I would be happy to work a trade for on a Glock 44.
    ei8ht likes this.
    "Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop"
    Gus McCrae, Lonesome Dove...

Member #
    Liked
    676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparebux View Post
    IMG_5572.jpg Look anything like this?
    Are you sure that’s not mine?

Joe A.
    ei8ht and Sparebux like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17785 times
    I was watching a YouTuber doing a G44 preview the other night. He was going to the Glock factory I think., anyway.. he made one comment at the start of introducing the g44 to say that Glock had made everybody else millionaires so they started to get in on it.
    Not that Glock is not. Success would be an understatement .
    I guess he was saying that everybody else had already jumped in on every type of polymer pistol and in every caliber thanks to glock’s success in with the early models , finally Glock was getting in on something different with a 22LR.
    Ruger, walther , im sure many others have had 22 semi auto polymer pistols out for years and years, so lucky for me .. and Glock, I had already acquired and de-acquired those aforementioned models when the new wore off and they began to sit a lot. So.. I was sort of in the market and room for a G44. I was wondering with other brands having such a head start, if G44 sales would be sort of flat, or not as good as it could be . Glock has a lot of dedicated Glocksters- GlockHeads- Glockness Monsters out there that are gonna have to try one, so I’m thinking it will do pretty good.
    Hey. I guy in a gunshop today was looking at a large gun collection being sold . Older Glock was in the mix. Had the black plastic original box with it. I have an early gen 2 G23 with that early style box. He was eyeballing it pretty hard. I said, you know what you can do if you go ahead and get that gun ? Take that gun out and look it over and take all the stuff out of that box tonight.. and it will make a perfect cereal bowl for ya.
    Last edited by what would you say; 01-24-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    2926 times
    Quote Originally Posted by g27racing View Post
    The Glock 44 started shipping from distributors this past Friday, Jan 17th. I got my first one in Tuesday the 21st and I had one guy that asked me to call him when it arrived. He came and got it less than 30 minutes after my call. I got 3 more on Wednesday the 22nd. MAP on these is $359 so expect that to be the price fairly quickly. The action seems a touch gritty but I am sure it will smooth out with use.

To the guy waiting for an MOS version it may be a while if ever that happens. According to what I have read the extra weight on the slide from the optic was bad for reliability. Maybe somebody will come up with a lighter spring that will work with the heavier slide... time will tell.
    I put a Vortex Venom red dot sight on my S&W M&P .22 and it works just fine with CCI Mini-Mag ammo.
    - Bruce
    ei8ht likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4086 times
    I saw the Glock 44 at the 2020 SHOT Show. I was surprised to see that the slide is polymer (!), hence the need for steel rails along the bottom of the polymer slide. The steel inserts look odd, but probably are necessary for durability. I was shocked to see that the magazine only holds 10 rounds. It looks like a Glock and feels like a Glock, so Glock fans probably will want one. That owner pool is huge, so sales success probably is assured.

To me, when compared to the Taurus TX22, the 2019 "Guns & Ammo" Handgun of the Year, the Glock 44 falls VERY short. The TX22 holds 16+1, the trigger is superb (not Glock mushy), the barrel is threaded, it has an ambidextrous safety, it costs a lot less and it is not "Glocking ugly" (which is irrelevant to Glock fans of course). Mine has been totally reliable, as have the two I got for friends. The TX22 is one of the most satisfying guns I have ever bought, because it delivers exactly what I hoped it would.

(While irrelevant to the discussion, it was at the SHOT Show while perusing the CZ booth that i realized the TX22 looks very much like the excellent CZ P07, largely because of the trigger guard shape I suppose.)
    ei8ht likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links