Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Glock G44 22LR

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17467 times

Glock G44 22LR

I know itís like grit in your mouth to say the word.. but glock did release a new model that is definitely a departure from the norm for them. .. a 22LR caliber. I could not resist when the local shop had some fresh off the boat. Will take it for a spin real soon. Itís an identical dimensions to the G19 (9mm) , which is the most popular Glock, and Iíd say one of the most popular handguns out there. So the g44 is a good training tool for that gun.
    Anyway, one reason why I mention all this is that, even though Colts new python is totally different in caliber, function (revolver instead of semi) the similarity is in the initial product review videos.
    Glock, which literally uses the word Perfection as their slogan, is known for total reliability .. as much as one can hope for in a semi auto pistol, has the same phenomena in video reviews. Now granted the 22LR reliability in a semi-auto pistol is about as ďyeah right- keep dreamingĒ as it gets, but Glock put the time and effort to accomplish just that. I will quote the test data all wrong, but video reviews have said Glock spent 3 years in developing.. and of course a cadrillion bazillion rounds fired in testing. Quotes of well over 100 different brands of 22LR shot successfully.. non-failure runs well into multiple thousands.. on and on. Glockís put the work and effort into it to get something right thatís darn hard to do.

Well. Sure enough. The favorable test reviewer ( I say that because Glock sent the gun - from them- ahead of release specifically to check it out) Posted a video that sure enough .. had a stove pipe not long into the video. And another malfunction with a different type of ammo. Now granted... we are talking 22LR. Far more likely to have failure due to the ammo than the gun.. but still. Europeans take the 22 round more seriously than we do and do make some cleaner stuff too and was tested with it. The one failure was with the weakest ammo he tested, and I donít remember the reason or excuse with the other issue, but what Iím here to say is this:
    1. I believe this is probably an outstanding 22LR pistol, yet there were some issues during testing.
    2. Itís going to suffer the same criticisms that the Python has with widespread video information about isolated issues.

Yes , itís a much less expensive gun, but itís a more pricey gun in the category of 22LR pistols at msrp $435 (probably settle in the $355 range I think) so itís buyers ARE holding high standards and expecting no slips. May be interesting to see how this one shakes out with YouTuberís video reviews.
    LEO918, ei8ht, WVCOLT and 8 others like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    2488 times
    Watched a video comparing the Glock 44 with a Walther ppq 22lr on you tube. Both guns ran extremely well and it makes good sense to practice with 22lr in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/2jJjZDgZAwU

I trained with a 22 conversion kit on my Colt for IPSC competition. Love it.
    Last edited by 459459; 01-22-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1044 times
    I want one but I'll wait for the MOS version.
    Berhati-hati di ruang platform. 🇸🇬

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1570 times
    My preferred LGS is selling them for $359 + tax.

A 15 round mag option would be nice.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17467 times
    That’s the price that I saw online as well. Glocks prices tend to be what they are.. not a whole lot of hot sales, but many brands have gotten that way because of so much competition. Tight market.
    My guy was at $400 including tax. When I add an FFL fee to the price and I’m at that price if shipping isn’t free- so I was willing to spring to be able to handle it first and support my local guy. He had 4 and was down to 1 when I left. I was at a big gun show last Saturday and saw none- I think the G44 just started shipping this week. Not sure. I wasn’t even aware. My cousin bought a G43X at the show and I passed, so guess I was just ready to buy something yesterday. I have a G26 so I felt like I was giving up on it if I went with the 43X. That 43X feels darn good for my hand though.
    WVCOLT, ei8ht, SHOOTER13 and 2 others like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    2488 times
    I wish Colt had made a conversion kit that fit the light weight Commander. Would have been a great little 22lr with a really good trigger. I think it's the trigger on the Glock that I really don't like. My 1911s have a glass rod breaking trigger and my Glock has a mush through it till it goes off trigger. Glock is a fine gun but I would pay more for a Colt lightweight 1911 Commander in 22lr, it's an old Colt lover thing.
    what would you say and ei8ht like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2891 times
    My everyday carry gun is a full size S&W M&P 9mm but I train with a S&W M&P .22. I have moderate to severe arthritis in my thumbs and wrists and shooting the 9 can get quite painful, particularly in a long training session. So, I use the .22. Yes, malfunctions are far more frequent with the .22 than the 9, but that is just good training! A few guys give me a hard time about using the .22 but, at my age, I don't care what they think anymore. Managing the pain is more important.

- Bruce

Member #
    Liked
    1673 times
    The Glock 44 started shipping from distributors this past Friday, Jan 17th. I got my first one in Tuesday the 21st and I had one guy that asked me to call him when it arrived. He came and got it less than 30 minutes after my call. I got 3 more on Wednesday the 22nd. MAP on these is $359 so expect that to be the price fairly quickly. The action seems a touch gritty but I am sure it will smooth out with use.

To the guy waiting for an MOS version it may be a while if ever that happens. According to what I have read the extra weight on the slide from the optic was bad for reliability. Maybe somebody will come up with a lighter spring that will work with the heavier slide... time will tell.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    HEY Y'ALL.....picked mine up from my Law Enforcement Distributor yesterday...Blue Label is $359...does feel like a very light model 19...typicalglock...shoot it much and they all smooth up very well....
    Pete

Member #
    Liked
    1673 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pdman View Post
    HEY Y'ALL.....picked mine up from my Law Enforcement Distributor yesterday...Blue Label is $359...does feel like a very light model 19...typicalglock...shoot it much and they all smooth up very well....
    Pete
    I guess that means they aren't really doing a blue label deal as standard Map is $359.
    ei8ht likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links