Too much time to think.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Too much time to think.

Member #
    Liked
    2628 times

Too much time to think.

Winter weather has me more on the computer than normal and ...well I just think too much about collecting. Anyway my first love of Colt is the SAA and frankly Oregun just doesn't have much to choose from.

So I got to thinking where did all the SAA guns end up when they were sold. What a worthless thought because the nation has grown a great deal and folks migrate to other states.

Which made me ponder that if I wanted to find Colts or sell my Colts then which state has the most on GB for sale?

Alabama has four pages of Colts under SAA and Arkansas doesn't have a single Colt SAA for sale on GB.

I checked several other states and it looks like the southern states have a lot of Colts, ya'll know what's good in the world.

However not all gun business is done on GB.

My question I have, if you want to reply, is do you feel your state has an ample supply of Colt SAA for sale?
    Last edited by 459459; 02-02-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    7646 times
    Pretty slim in Idaho, especially Boise area..There are a few folks who have them and they do show up at Gun Shows from time to time.

You can try this place:https://buckhornguns.com Call and tell them what you are looking for...Ask to leave your name so they can call you should they have some.. They used to have the best selection but market seems bleak at the moment. I haven’t been in there for several months.. Matt Perry is well connected and can be very helpful...Good Luck.
    459459 likes this.
    NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

Member #
    Liked
    552 times
    Don't come to Long Island, NY!
    459459 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1244 times
    So, you are moving to the southeast?!!
    Vic
    459459 likes this.
    Preparedness + Opportunity = Luck
    NRA Benefactor Member
    KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    2628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerz View Post
    So, you are moving to the southeast?!!
    Vic
    Alabama shore has a lot of Colts.
    Kerz likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    552 times
    Reminded me of my father. New Yorker, went to Kansas State on GI bill. Fell in love with the old west, Colt SAA. He said there was a hardware store on Main that had a glass cabinet with single actions lined up for $5, $6 bucks. Nobody wanted them in 1948
    Chaffee likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker View Post
    Reminded me of my father. New Yorker, went to Kansas State on GI bill. Fell in love with the old west, Colt SAA. He said there was a hardware store on Main that had a glass cabinet with single actions lined up for $5, $6 bucks. Nobody wanted them in 1948
    I grew up with westerns, my first guns were a two gun and holster cap gun set. Colt SAA is more than just nostalgic, it's history. They are simplicity yet powerful with a balanice in the hand. Did I say I really like the Colt SAA?

There just isn't any in Oregun to speak of and if I ever move it will be to a state that has a lot of Colts for sale.
    Kerz likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1185 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 459459 View Post
    Alabama shore has a lot of Colts.
    Seriously? I'm there and would like to browse. Where?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yup, that matches my Ory-Gone experience. I never see anything but clones here (which I am not complaining about, i own a couple). Can't afford a "real" Colt SAA, but if one jumped out at me when out looking at gun shops, I might figure out a way to afford it... :-)

Member #
    Liked
    10715 times
    If you want a selection - go online - that's where they went, and it beats all of the driving, anticipation and broken dreams, because every LGS I know of (an ever-shrinking number) puts their high-dollar stuff online if they don't already have a solid customer ready to go, as it eliminates the low-baller and the looky-loo who can't afford the piece in the first place, and just burns up time.

There are a helluva lot of guys who like guns - who even love guns - but won't pony up, even when the piece in question's a bargain, and those guys need an additional hobby.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links