Ivory ! consensus of future value , what say ye
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Ivory ! consensus of future value , what say ye

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bowles View Post
    Sorry Pard but that's against the law. I don't like it but it is what it is until it changes. Ivory has been a paramount material since the Roman times and before. That will never change. Your story is an example of the law turning an honest citizen into a criminal.
    Rick, I would have turned that round to say "... an honest man turning himself into a criminal through ignorance of the law."

The difference is subtle, but important.

Member #
    Liked
    16635 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
    From what I can tell from conversations with folks in the know......mother of pearl is basically done. The size needed to make stocks just doesn’t exist any more. Believe me. I’ve been trying......

Pearl has been "gone" for about 20 years now. So it is the hardest to find but not illegal. Elephant? We all know about Elephant. Giraffe bone will be next.

Member #
    Liked
    1187 times
    I don’t own any ivory-gripped guns but could someone clarify if it is legal to buy a gun, in another State, that already has ivory grips fitted on it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16635 times
    If it is legal to own ivory in your state, then yes, legal to buy a gun with ivory already on it.
    Rick Bowles and BakersDozen like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo View Post
    If it is legal to own ivory in your state, then yes, legal to buy a gun with ivory already on it.

Thanks. The laws are confusing. What is there in the law about grips on a gun that make them exempt from the restrictions on buying/selling?

Member #
    Liked
    17131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack33 View Post
    Thanks. The laws are confusing. What is there in the law about grips on a gun that make them exempt from the restrictions on buying/selling?
    There's a di minimus exception to the federal regulations that covers guns, knives, musical instruments etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links