Colt Forum banner

Browning Ammo Being Discontinued??

464 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mkk41 
#1 ·
A big box store I frequent pretty regularly, has all of their Browning ammo discounted. I asked one of the employees what was going on, he mentioned all Browning ammo is being discontinued because of poor sales. No reason to doubt him, but I don't want to be that guy starting an internet rumor either--but has anybody heard anything on this? I shoot their bulk ammo pretty regularly, great stuff. I also shoot some of their 9 mm for competition. Anyhow wouldn't surprise me, as I believe it's just rebranded Winchester anyway. For a much higher dollar amount!!

#3 ·
Browning ammo is very much alive and bringing out now loads . A new 350 Legend with 124gr fmj for target is pushing 2500 fps .
I think it's probably a regional popularity issue . Doing well in some areas and not others .

#5 ·
Ammo is a fickle market. Lots of mid-size ammo makers out there. And a few more who simply have contractors make ammo in their boxes. Did Browning really have their own ammo plant? Does Sig-Sauer? They can't really compete with the big brands when it comes to distributing and advertising. The quality old-world name brands really don't resonate with the younger shooters. Most people want CHEAP!

I remember when S&W offered their own branded ammo. It was made at an Alcan plant.

Electric blue Font Auto part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.