Browning Ammo Being Discontinued??

Member #
    Liked
    545 times

Browning Ammo Being Discontinued??

A big box store I frequent pretty regularly, has all of their Browning ammo discounted. I asked one of the employees what was going on, he mentioned all Browning ammo is being discontinued because of poor sales. No reason to doubt him, but I don't want to be that guy starting an internet rumor either--but has anybody heard anything on this? I shoot their bulk ammo pretty regularly, great stuff. I also shoot some of their 9 mm for competition. Anyhow wouldn't surprise me, as I believe it's just rebranded Winchester anyway. For a much higher dollar amount!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    Hmmm what store? I like the browning .22lr with that black oxide coating. Feeds good and stays pretty clean. I can run about 1,000 in my Buckmark before it needs to be stripped down for cleaning

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8071 times
    Browning ammo is very much alive and bringing out now loads . A new 350 Legend with 124gr fmj for target is pushing 2500 fps .
    I think it's probably a regional popularity issue . Doing well in some areas and not others .
    Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    545 times
    That makes more sense, I see way too much of it online and in other stores for them just to pull the plug on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    689 times
    Ammo is a fickle market. Lots of mid-size ammo makers out there. And a few more who simply have contractors make ammo in their boxes. Did Browning really have their own ammo plant? Does Sig-Sauer? They can't really compete with the big brands when it comes to distributing and advertising. The quality old-world name brands really don't resonate with the younger shooters. Most people want CHEAP!

I remember when S&W offered their own branded ammo. It was made at an Alcan plant.

S&W12ga.jpg
    "One does not sell Colts , one buys Colts! "

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links