Whats your BEST gun deal? A deal that actually made you do a little dance :)
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Whats your BEST gun deal? A deal that actually made you do a little dance :)

Member #
    Liked
    429 times
    Fun to see this thread back from the dead. My best deal doesn't compare with some of the stories others here have, but I suppose my best deal is as follows.

Colt Viper, just a couple years ago at a local shop, excellent condition, $599. Wasn't sure whether it was authentic, bought it anyway. Internet research made me worry even more about whether it was a real Viper or not. Dragged my feet for a year, finally decided to get a letter.

Turns out it's real.

jackvs1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    631 times
    Traded a T/C Contender 7X30 Waters for a Anaconda 45 Colt NIB,Colt Lawman 2 1/2" e-nickel hammer and trigger NIB blurry picture on GB for $400.1939 O.P. NIB,badly tattered box and all the toys $400.00 on GB.

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Egads.. I remember the 7x30 waters TC Contender! Had a friend that loved that thing!
    Good memories.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Just received a original matching 1890 model Remington that I just had appraised for $3000 and the guy also gave me a case of magtech 44/40 ammo also. I traded him a Hawes Western Marshall with safariland holster that I only had $300 into!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Abwehr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I pick up all kinds of deals at work. Lots of people find guns in relatives estates and bring them in to get rid of them or get them destroyed. I just ask if they'd be willing to sign them over to me as I'd use them. Most say 'sure' and sign away. Recently I had a new in the presentation case, in the cardboard shipping box, never fired, early 1970's, S&W 29 given to me.
    beebop91 and Armybrat like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5656 times
    Many years ago a young man came to me (through word of mouth) and ask if I would be able to sell all of his fathers guns. His father had died a few weeks prior to him asking. I told him that I'd be glad to do that for him and then it came down to what the cost would be to sell them all. There were forty-one handguns.

Before I started working up a cost for him he asked me if I would consider taking one or two guns from the lot as payment for selling them. I looked them all over as carefully as I could with the time I had and I said, "ok, yes, I will take your offer, but I need only one gun from the lot". I selected the only Colt SAA that was there. It was an unfired .45 Cal. Second Generation, manufactured in 1972, Serial # 63013SA.

I'm fairly certain that this was the "best" gun deal I ever made, and for a Colt no less.

Bud

A_Colt.JPG
    Last edited by Matchlock; 07-12-2014 at 06:01 AM.
    jrbman likes this.
    Put my saddle on the stove, Ma, I'm ridin' the range tonight.

Member #
    Liked
    947 times
    That is a beauty & with the tools. Where do you work? I thought about going around the neighborhood and putting up signs saying looking to buy old Colts & Smith & Wesson's. Most likely won't.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeII View Post
    I pick up all kinds of deals at work. Lots of people find guns in relatives estates and bring them in to get rid of them or get them destroyed. I just ask if they'd be willing to sign them over to me as I'd use them. Most say 'sure' and sign away. Recently I had a new in the presentation case, in the cardboard shipping box, never fired, early 1970's, S&W 29 given to me.

Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    Three come to mind:
    I worked in a small gunshop in the early 80's. A very rude gentleman came in to sell some guns and stated that he knew exactly what they were worth and if I tried to haggle at all, he would go elsewhere. I didn't haggle when he produced a 98% double date Luger and demanded $100 for it. It is still in my collection.
    The second was a 1939 vintage Walther PPK vet bring back with papers, and original holster. $120.
    Last but my favorite was from a pawn shop that was notorious for treating every gun they had as if it was the rarest of the rare. Picked up a 1958 vintage .44 Mag S&W 4" for the princely sum of $300. The owner somehow looked up the wrong category in his trusty Blue Book.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvs1 View Post
    That is a beauty & with the tools. Where do you work? I thought about going around the neighborhood and putting up signs saying looking to buy old Colts & Smith & Wesson's. Most likely won't.
    I work out of a county office where gun sales permits and purchase permits are processed. You'd be amazed how many people come in with guns they don't want or want to sell cheap. Ammo too, a couple years back an older lady came in with two 5 gal buckets of belted ammo from her dearly departed husband. I still haven't burned through it all The bad part is when they bring in blasting caps, explosives ............and a WWII German potato masher! That's a story for another thread

Forum Friend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13025 times
    My latest if not greatest -- I took my work-in-progress, little .32 Colt PP in to LGS for 'show & tell'. While LGS owner was looking at it, I was looking at this .44 Mag S&W Model 29, he says "I'll trade you that for this", explaining it was the start of a project he had in mind & needed me engraving my logo on it.

Last edited by rhmc24; 07-12-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    B.C. likes this.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links