• 1 Post By BobWright

Thread: Crossbows?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1755 times

Crossbows?

Finally introduced myself to crossbows. Anybody else here use them for sport or hunting?

Member #
    Liked
    3905 times
    My wife just bought me the new 410 Ghost to replace my 400. Didn't think there was much of a difference but wow! What a Weapon!

Member #
    Liked
    3788 times
    I think I have fired (Launched? Shot?) exactly one bolt from a crossbow. Not my area of interest.

Incidentally, they are, or were, not legal for hunting in Tennessee.

Bob Wright
    longranger likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    My uncle has one but here in Missouri you have to have a medical permit to hunt with one.
    I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals. - Butch Cassidy

NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    5558 times
    They are a mite 'lumpy' in CCW mode though...

I came across a fairly old one at a Gun Show one time, it was thought to be late 1800s, and German, and I believe that was correct.

It was very well made, had a nice style, was in good condition, and serviceable, and was priced at like $250.00 or so.

I thought about it, but, ended up walking on. ( Probably that was a very 'reasonable' price too ).

Seems like a Cross Bow could be fun and interesting to have.

I myself do not Hunt, so, no draw there ( pardon the pun ).

Member #
    Liked
    829 times
    They were not legal here till a couple years or so ago. I use a compound bow but got a cross bow when they became legal. Still haven't got it out hunting yet. But last year I got it sighted in so this year i will take it out. If I am sneaking through the woods,I still prefer the compound bow because my crossbow is too heavy and bulky. But for on stand,Id rather use the crossbow because you don't have to pull the string back when a deer is coming(its already cocked). And even with the compound bow with 80% let off, if you have to hold it back for more than a minute,you have a tendency to let off a little which affects the shot. But the biggest advantage with the crossbow is that you don't have all that movement pulling the string back and getting your aim just right and doing so trying not to let the deer see you. They see movement REAL Well, so that can be an issue with the compound,especially if you're not sitting up in a treestand.The crossbows most all come with a scope. Its kinda like shooting a rifle with no recoil.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    keystone,

Is it legal to hunt with one in PA?

Thanks,
    pineappleshooter

Quote Originally Posted by keystonearms View Post
    My wife just bought me the new 410 Ghost to replace my 400. Didn't think there was much of a difference but wow! What a Weapon!

Sponsored Links