Found! Box of.38 NP ammunition.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Found! Box of.38 NP ammunition.

Member #
    Liked
    4834 times
    If you are hinting about me, I will tell you I am NOT accusing you of gouging prices. I am just trying to educate you on the specific type of ammo you started this thread about. I think you are merely not well informed about it. I don't think you are trying to make a large buck, but that you just don't know very much about what a box of S&W 38 Long or 38 Colt New Police might go for, unless it is a very, very old box. Judging from your lack of knowledge about values of this caliber and your flippant and dismissive response to my first post about it you seemed to have your mind made up about the value before you posted. You acted offended of my remarks. It seems to me you had your mind made up before you asked questions or did your homework. Given your prior statements, if you took it that way I am sorry as I don't mean to be abrasive, but that is on you.

Aside from the potential ammo value, you also dismissed my advice about the cost of shipping ORM -D ammo via UPS. What do you expect?

I was only trying to enlighten you, but until a few other members also chimed in, your posts on the subject had a different tone.
    Last edited by Malysh; 01-29-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    paul45 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I called UPS today and spoke with Kathy in Haz-Mat. She re-iterated what smkummer and Malysh posted about no additional fees and adding the ORM-D label to the side, not top or bottom. She also said that, as it can't go by air freight, it would have to be within the "lower 48" states. That statement lead to further thoughts for the forum. To what states should the ammunition NOT be sold or sent, such as CA, IL, NY, etc? Also, it will be sent with an adult signature required as it could be real bad if children somehow got ahold of the package. Too, how does one be certain it does not become illegally purchased or possessed, such as by a felon? I seriously doubt such are here at the Colt Forum, but if something goes wrong, there needs to be signs of a good faith transaction. Is there anything else to be considered?

Thanks to all!
    "God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal"

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes, Malysh, I was hinting about you. First, I think you are well-informed on this topic. However, the tone of your posts comes across the same as I feel about the scum that buy ammunition and re-sell it at flea markets and armslist for twice the price. I am not the only person who reads this forum and to whom I speak. Put bluntly, while a message may be written in one way, it may be perceived another. It is one of the short-comings of using text for messages; It loses it "tone" or intent. Let us put aside any ill-will and go forth with no further "hint" or "it is on you."

PS: I would like to see your .32 NP stuff. I have one due for refinishing. I acquired it cheap as it truly needs refinishing.
    Last edited by BigBear63; 01-29-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Malysh likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Today, after speaking with Kathy at UPS, I realized CTD gouges on ammunition as last year they charged me with a $27.50 Haz-Nat fee for shotgun shells. I will no longer purchase from them and advise all to beware of any "Haz-Mat" fees on all orders not including powders or primers.
    Malysh likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4834 times
    Good for you
    This is a great place to learn, and to make internet friends. I learn something at least every week if not more than that, here. When I first joined about 9 years ago I asked a lot of questions, I listened and I learned. I spend some time here every day trying to do the same for people with questions about the specific models I've become experienced with. There are certain topics and Colts that I'm not that well versed with. I try to avoid replying to questions about those. For example, I'll never be able to buy a Python so I avoid answering questions about them as my knowledge of them is only average. Same with the antique Colts.

All ammo in the US must be shipped via UPS ground. I know of no exceptions.
    If Imageshack hasn't dropped off the net I can post some early post WWII pictures with ammo for you. I'll re-check the site today.

I hope you continue to come here and make friends. I am sure you will.

Mike

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Pictures! I have finally had the opportunity to get pictures. Feedback?
    PS: The batteries in the camera were failing and therefore the pictures aren't the greatest.
    Contents.jpgTop.jpgBottom.jpgPrice.jpg
    Thanks to all!

Member #
    Liked
    4834 times
    Not very old production. Probably early 1970s. * Early 1960s-1970s

Value about $30-$40, maybe a little less.
    Last edited by Malysh; 02-04-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I finally(!) had the time to post the ammo for sale. Starting a bit high, but figure I can always go lower.
    Thanks to everyone for their help! Great bunch here at the Colt Forum. The link:
    https://www.coltforum.com/forums/want...ter-brand.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links