First handgun or rifle you ever bought?
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: First handgun or rifle you ever bought?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times

First handgun or rifle you ever bought?

1. First one you bought. (Not given or passed down)2. Do you still have it?3. Post a pic if you do. I think this should be cool to here about. Here's mine!Beretta 92G Elite II (bought it new around 2000)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~R.C.F.

Member #
    Liked
    180 times
    The first pistol / gun I ever bought was a single action Ruger Black Hawk .357 in 1976, bicentennial model right after i turned 21. I shot it a lot and learned to reload because of it. I still have it but it is retired. I lost interest in Ruger's the year they started stamping the warning message on the barrels, haven't bought one since.

Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    First revolver I purchased on my own is my Colt Trooper MkIII .357 in 1970. I still have it.
    Blown Pontiac on nitromethane and Colts...what else is there?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    428 times
    The first gun I ever bought was a Lee-Enfield British .303 surplus rifle from the 1962 Sears Christmas catalog when I was sixteen. I filled out the order for the rifle, some ammo, and a cleaning kit. I bought a money order and sent it in. About ten days later, the mailman delivered it on the front porch. My second gun about a year later was a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44magnum revolver.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    3405 times
    My first was a SAA clone from Great western in 22lr, about 1957. It was a great revolver, same size as a 45 SAA but in 22. A little heavy.

Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    First gun I ever bought was a 22 Colt Peacemaker. Had pearl grips installed. It came with two cylinders, one for 22lr and another for 22mag. If I remember correctly, I paid about $250 for it and sold it virtually brand new for $125. Great looking revolver.

Member #
    Liked
    987 times
    The 1st handgun I ever purchased was a Colt Python , blued 6 inch . NIB I paid $300.00 with my police discount. I replaced the wood stocks with rubber, and used the gun for the department's pistol team. Back then is was either a Python or a K-38. Shot many a tight group, and won some close matches with that Python. Had I known then what I know now I would not have sold it. In fact I would have bought a new Colt every pay period . LOL!
    Last edited by Blademan; 02-07-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    RampantColtFool likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1603 times
    The first rifle I ever bought myseld with my own money was a Stevens single shot .22 LR Carbine that looked like the 1894 Winchester. I bought this back in 1965 for the princly sum of $100! The first handgun I bought was a Rossi .38 Special that looked like the Chiefs Special and got this NIB for $65. I don't own either of these two now as I traded them off for better firearms. I do wish I had kept the little Stevens Carbine!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5682 times
    Ha ha!! Now that's funny.

You must have had a way happier pay period than I did Lou, because I had to put toothpaste on lay-a-way.

Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Blademan View Post
    The 1st handgun I ever purchased was a Colt Python , blued 6 inch . NIB I paid $300.00 with my police discount. I replaced the wood stocks with rubber, and used the gun for the department's pistol team. Back then is was either a Python or a K-38. Shot many a tight group, and won some close matches with that Python. Had I known then what I know now I would not have sold it. In fact I would have bought a new Colt every pay period . LOL!
    Blademan, Major Dad and oldedawg like this.
    Put my saddle on the stove, Ma, I'm ridin' the range tonight.

Member #
    Liked
    4728 times
    Me the first gun I bought was a Colt's MKIV/Series 70 .38 Super. I shot the "H" out of that pistol, don't have it anymore. This was my second Colt, as I already had a Series 70 .45 that my Dad bought for me as a H S graduation gift; on my request of course. I still have this one, and it has also had the "H" shot out of it.
    A picture of my old Super:Colt .38 Super.jpg
    RampantColtFool likes this.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links