Pre war Colt Revolver Repair - Spartan Firearm Company, LLC
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Pre war Colt Revolver Repair - Spartan Firearm Company, LLC

Member #
    Liked
    58 times

Pre war Colt Revolver Repair - Spartan Firearm Company, LLC

Spartan Firearm Company is a Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in the service and repair of all prewar Colt double and single action revolvers. We are referred to by Colt Factory.

What started out as a conversation between a father in law and son in law turned into a business venture in an effort to ensure the historical prewar Colt double and single action revolvers never become obsolete. As many know, the repair and timing of Colt Revolvers is a complicated process and if not done by someone trained at Colt, the repair may not be right. Sadly, Colt no longer services these revolvers and many of those who worked or were trained at the factory on the repair of these guns are either gone or retired along with the factory tools and parts.

My father in law, Leonard Speckin, enlisted in the Michigan State Police on Sept 28, 1968 and retired December 28, 1989. During those 25 years he worked as a uniformed trooper, training officer in the State Police Academy, armorer and Detective in the crime laboratory. Leonard’s armor duties in the laboratory were often needed to restore firearms which had been purposely disabled by a suspect to prevent them from being test fired for ballistic testing and matching in shooting cases. As such, Leonard was sent to the Colt factory for training under Master Pistolsmith legend, Don Tedford. His certificate is framed and still hangs above his workbench.

When I learned of my father in law’s unique and rare skill in the repair of these guns, I knew I had to have him train me just the way he was trained at the Colt factory, under Don Tedford. We both shared a passion for these guns and the role they played in American history through law enforcement and beyond. I felt it was important to keep that knowledge alive and to ensure these guns remain around for years to come.

I graduated from Michigan State University in 2001 and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps following Officer Candidate School. I then deployed to Iraq in 2003 for Operation Iraqi Freedom and fought from the Kuwait border to Baghdad. In 2004, I then deployed to (Okinawa) Japan, (Soule) South Korea and (Mt Fuji) Japan. In 2005 I left the Marines with the rank of Captain and returned to civilian life to start a family with my wife Sara. Since then, I have worked in medical sales and sales leadership positions.

We have a full shop dedicated to the repair of these guns. Specifically, we have a metal lathe, milling machine, barrel vise and all the factory tools and equipment necessary to complete any repair on Colt revolvers to include re-barreling. In addition, we have a large inventory of parts for these guns which are growing increasingly harder to find. The revolvers we will work on are those made from 1908 until the old style actions were discontinued: Official Police, New Service, Detective Special, Police Positive etc. This certainly includes the Python and Diamondback as well.

Lastly, we offer a two year guarantee on any repair work done to ensure you are confident and the job is done right! References can be provided upon request.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 517-881-9028 or by email at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!

Semper Fidelis,

Brian Czubak

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    Welcome from another old copper...salutations to your father-in-law!
    SpartanFC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11700 times
    Welcome to the COLT Forum Marine !!

Enjoy our community...
    Colt-SL and SpartanFC like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1935 times
    Welcome, from what you wrote I take it you're located somewhere in MI.
    Have a few things in common, I'm a former Marine, and my youngest son is a State Trooper.
    Glad to hear of your service, I'm sure there will be some here that will take advantage of it.
    Semper Fi
    SpartanFC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11700 times
    Brian...

Do you have a Website or Face Book Page !?

...as doing a search on Spartan Firearm Company, LLC...returns many different companies listed under like or similar names:

--------------------------

SPARTAN FIREARMS LLC - GSL Technology, Inc.
    5800 Enterprise Drive Jackson, Michigan 49201
    Phone: (517) 780-9090 Fax: (517) 780-9595

--------------------------

Spartan Firearms LLC
    420 W Indiantown Rd
    Jupiter, FL 33478

-------------------

Spartan Firearms
    Address: 7101 Highway 2 And 52 W, Minot, ND 58703
    Phone: (701) 838-4867

Last edited by SHOOTER13; 04-23-2018 at 06:46 PM.
    broknaxl, Colt-SL and SpartanFC like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Semper Fi and thank your son as well for keeping us safe! What part of Michigan? We are based out Okemos...in fact, we live two blocks away from each other. I always know when he is at the door because he pounds on the door and yells "STATE POLICE, SEARCH WARRENT!"
    Colt-SL likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Thank you! Looking forward to the discussions!

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Shooter13, We do have a Facebook page and you should be able to search for it by using @spartanfirearmcompany. If that doesn't work, you can search for me Brian Czubak and send me a friend request which should then allow the search. Facebook has been giving us issue regarding "verifying" our page for some reason. Hope to have it fixed by tomorrow.

Note to all, I chose the name after my school mascot and my battalion which were both "Spartans". I do however suggest you check to see if there are other similar business' with the same name before starting a new business.....clearly I failed in that department (hahaha)!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    @spartanfirearmcompany (Okemos, MI) or friend request me (Brian Czubak) on FB.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Colt Collectors, If you are planning on attending the Ohio Gun Collectors Association Show May 19/20 in Wilmington, OH, stop by and say hello. Better yet, bring your Colt revolver to have serviced! See you there!
    Semper Fidelis,
    Brian P Czubak/Leonard Speckin
    Spartan Firearm Company -

517-881-9028

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links