SAA on the way
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: SAA on the way

Member #
    Liked
    30 times

SAA on the way

Hello everyone, I'm 75 and I've been wanting a genuine Colt 45 as long as I can remember. I decided I'm not getting any younger and I can afford it so I ordered a new 4 3/4 in. Now the question is, do I shoot it? If I leave it unfired it will retain it's value, but I'm only looking at another twenty years anyway so what do I care about keeping it's value? I will be pulling the trigger the same day I pick it up.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1334 times
    Did you buy an SAA for yourself or for someone else to shoot? You are making the correct call, shoot it, often.

Welcome to the covey.
    WVCOLT and SHOOTER13 like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15385 times
    There are many Colt collectors and Colt shooters on here. There is a divide.. but almost every single collector has shot a Colt even if they do collect. You should not go through this world without pulling the trigger on a genuine SAA Colt. Right now the prices of NIB new production guns are pretty much at an all time high and supply is a little tough right now. Unless you want to buy another used Colt SAA and use it for the shooter and tuck that one away for a grandkid or something, .. if not all that, then I’d have to shoot the new one.
    Always remember to pull the hammer to full cock after loading , then slowly lower the hammer, this prevents a turn line from developing around the cylinder, which will happen if you lower the hammer from “load position” or half cock without pulling all the way back first.

SAA , especially 45 with 4-3/4” barrel is so popular that you could shoot it and sell it later if you so desired and probably wouldn’t lose anything.. just depends in how much you paid initially.
    sturmgewehr, SHOOTER13 and WVCOLT like this.
    🔫 WWYS

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10441 times
    Welcome to the COLT Forum !!

Enjoy Our Community...

Shoot It...and here's to the next 25... young man !!

WVCOLT and Colt-SL like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1565 times
    Welcome to the fraternity. I was 68 two years ago before I got my first Colt SAA. Glad I did,love these guns. Can’t go wrong with the 45 and 4-3/4”. I liked mine so much I got dual cylinders in blue and nickel. Being a Colt 45 ACP man forever,I’ve got a lot of 45 ACP ammo! I making guys sick posting pics of my pair. Pete

Life Member NRA-1974
    Psalm 23 “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing—-“
    I had a commission USNR from 71-77 but do not consider myself a Vet
    My Dad and his four brothers USMC,WW2,Korea,Vietnam were Vets
    Email.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    My dad left me some guys that he never shot. I have zero sentimental attachment to these and sold most of them. The ones that he shot and hunted however are a different story—these I cherish for that reason. Shoot it in good health!

Member #
    Liked
    1654 times
    Welcome to the Forum from Texas!
    Shoot that SAA and enjoy it!!
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    ." --

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13396 times
    Hi and welcome to the Colt Forum. Colt's are not unfired when they leave the factory to come reside with new owners. There's no reason why you can't shoot and enjoy your gun, keep it clean and take care of it and shoot it whenever you wish.

Thanks for joining us!

MarkInTx and 29aholic like this.
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22439 times
    Welcome to the Colt Forum!! Shoot the new SAA; clean it; and put it away until you want to shoot out again.
    People who buy SAA's and sit and play with the action seem to do more damage to the cylinder than people who actually shoot the guns.

Member #
    Liked
    2449 times
    Shoot, clean, repeat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links