New Member, old guy
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: New Member, old guy

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

New Member, old guy

Greetings all. I just wanted to make a short introduction. I am a retired Fed (Border Patrol, ICE SA), who is currently residing in Santa Teresa (really Sunland Park), New Mexico. I have been fooling around with guns for over 40 years. I even worked in gun shops for over 3 years when I left the active Navy.

I can’t say I’m a particular collector, being married and raising a family, as in I had to sell something to get something. When I go back over some of my old records, I could cry over some of the things that I had and then sold or traded. I currently have two Colt auto pistols, a 1911 and 1903, and 5 revolvers. And like all gun junkies, I like most anything that you can put a cartridge in. I also reload for most of my indiscretions....

So, glad to be here!

Member #
    Liked
    835 times
    Howdy from N Texas and welcome to the community.
    WVCOLT and MarkInTx like this.
    " I've got 1 bullet and it's got your email address on it. Don't make me hit send."

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Neat employment history, very nice. I'm new here too but not new to firearms or discussion forums. I haven't sold that many firearms but I do regret selling a couple and regret letting more get past me that I could have bought.

I don't yet own a Colt! I have an Official Police coming my way that I am eager to try out. A 6 inch version made in 1959. I've been doing a lot of shooting at a local indoor range and I'm eager to try a smooth action with a 6 inch barrel, which is what this is.

I can say though that I have "ridden a horse, carrying a Colt." That was on a date with this real cowgirl I met in college and the Colt was a Pony Pocketlite I used to carry but have since sold.
    WVCOLT, MarkInTx and SHOOTER13 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1118 times
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have your enthusiasm and thanks for your service to the community.
    WVCOLT, MarkInTx and SHOOTER13 like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4749 times
    Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us here.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

Member #
    Liked
    5492 times
    Welcome to the Colt Forum from Arizona.
    MarkInTx, SHOOTER13 and WVCOLT like this.
    Living a dream.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    6068 times
    Thank you for your service and a hearty welcome from the Land of Evil spirits!
    NRA Life member. 31 year LEO. Moderator
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Survivor of 3 Cancers: PTCL-NOS, AITL, MDS, plus a stem cell transplant. My condensed cancer journey
    under "about me" and more detail
    Avatar: "No, it's not a silencer. This little doodad is my own invention. I call it a LOUDENER"

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt_Convert View Post
    Neat employment history, very nice. I'm new here too but not new to firearms or discussion forums. I haven't sold that many firearms but I do regret selling a couple and regret letting more get past me that I could have bought.

I don't yet own a Colt! I have an Official Police coming my way that I am eager to try out. A 6 inch version made in 1959. I've been doing a lot of shooting at a local indoor range and I'm eager to try a smooth action with a 6 inch barrel, which is what this is.

I can say though that I have "ridden a horse, carrying a Colt." That was on a date with this real cowgirl I met in college and the Colt was a Pony Pocketlite I used to carry but have since sold.
    +1

Member #
    Liked
    779 times
    Welcome to the Colt forum.
    WVCOLT likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14400 times
    Thank you for your Naval service! Welcome to the Colt Forum. Thanks for joining us and for making your first post!
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links