Colt Fan

Thread: Colt Fan

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Colt Fan

Hello all. I just discovered this forum and since I'm a Colt owner(4" Diamondback). I thought i'ld join up. I would really like to hear from those of you with experience buying and selling these . I have one in 95% condition, no box or papers, no holster wear and no turn line. It has red ramp frt. sight and white outline adjustable rear. Only mod is a trigger shoe that looks like it's always been there. I've never shot it and it looks to have been shot very little.
    I was just trying to get an idea of the value. I've owned it for a long time and got it on trade. If this is an inappropriate post pls forgive and pm me.
    Thx all.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13093 times
    Welcome to the Forum, nice to have you here.
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Member #
    Liked
    470 times
    Welcome to the forum. There are many here who love the Diamondback.
    Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents
    Oh My!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    334 times
    Welcome to the forum, a nice Colt place to be.

Member #
    Liked
    1382 times
    Welcome aboard the Forum, joespapa! I'm a new guy myself and know very little about Diamondbacks, but the Forum is the place for learning. Been a real education for me about all things Colt. Enjoy!
    -Ed-

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very, very low crime rate." --Marion Barry, Former Mayor of Washington, DC

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14732 times
    Welcome from Eastern NC

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    welcome to the forum from connecticut,where your diamondback was born.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    welcome to the forum diamondbacks are great i have a four inch nickel one

Member #
    Liked
    1556 times
    Welcome to Coltforum, Joespapa. While I do not own any Diamondbacks, I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, so I will respond to your inquiry.

Our resident Colt experts will arrive shortly and give you the right answer.

I have no idea if it is right, but I did buy the Blue Book, Ed. 32 (the current edition for another 2 or 3 months). Keeping in mind that the BB is only one guide, and that pricing on handguns can vary by region, here is the Diamondback entry:

DIAMONDBACK
    - .22 LR, .22 Win. Mag. (rare), or .38 Spl. cal., 2 1/2 (scarce in .22 LR), 4, or 6 in. VR barrel, adj. sights, steel frame, checkered walnut grips. Mfg. 1966-1991.

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10%
    $1,450 $1,250 $950 $725 $550 $425 $325 $275 $240 $220 $195 $180

Last MSR was $461.
    Above values are for .38 SPL. cal.
    Add 20% for nickel finish. Add 50% for 2 1/2 in. barrel in .38 Spl. cal.
    Note: .22 Mag. cal. in this model is rare, and values are difficult to price accurately. Buyer beware - fakes are known to exist.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    628 times
    Welcome to the Forum! Its hard to estimate value without pics but I will try. From the way you talk about your gun (95%) I would guess it would be worth about 800-900 in 38 cal. If its 22lr then it will be a little more, like 900-950. If its better than 95% condition then it will be worth a little more also.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Sponsored Links