Colt Forum banner

Snubbie Fever

53K views 262 replies 110 participants last post by  DRYHEAT 
#1 ·
All the Hoop-La surrounding the new Colt Cobra got me thinking about the many and varied small, short barreled carry guns. New and improved is good but old, well crafted and pretty is still GREAT! Let's see those famous snub nose revolvers. Any manufacturer and any caliber but let's keep them revolvers with three inch barrels or less.

See less See more
#208 ·
All the Hoop-La surrounding the new Colt Cobra got me thinking about the many and varied small, short barreled carry guns. New and improved is good but old, well crafted and pretty is still GREAT! Let's see those famous snub nose revolvers. Any manufacturer and any caliber but let's keep them revolvers with three inch barrels or less.

Here is a Colt M1877 DA 38 x 2" in the 21xxx SNR. It lettered 38/c, 2", Blue, SNL, Shipped to Simmons Hdwe Co., St. Louis, MO, On 12-19-1879, 20 Guns. Sorry about the lousy pictures, but they came from the dealer who sold it to me. Even the condensed two-line barrel address wouldn't fit anywhere, so the right side was just stamped "Colt".

Attachments

#211 ·
Picked up a very nice sw 19-3 2.5’ for $625 three years back (Photo above). Same seller has a 19-2 2.5” beautiful condition but now $1200! He will trade most of the way for a boxed Interarms PPK/s (1984) and a Colt Jr. that looks never fired, no box. would like to hear your thoughts.

#214 ·
Yes...mine is one of the original series...makes it tough to find stocks as the contour of the rear of the frame is slightly different.

Reactions: got2hav1
#216 ·
In 1986, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service contracted with Ruger to build a stainless steel .357 magnum revolver with a 3 inch barrel exclusively for use by Postal Inspectors. This Ruger Speed Six Model GS33-PS represented the first and last time a handgun was manufactured to specific U.S. Post Office specifications. After Ruger made delivery in 1987, this weapon was assigned to all Postal Inspectors and Postal Police Officers. Approximately 3000 were manufactured, all bearing a serial number prefix of 162 followed by a 5-digit number up to 23446. There are no special markings on the weapon.

#232 ·