Fallen to the communist block. A prewar acquisition
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Fallen to the communist block. A prewar acquisition

Member #
    Liked
    393 times

Fallen to the communist block. A prewar acquisition

Today, after years of looking at the cheap little things sitting in cosmoline, I snapped. A nice condition 1938 Tokarev TT33, no kludged together safety added on, no importer stamps, matching numbers. The pre-war years are getting pretty scarce, and a clean "bring back" that hasn't suffered the indignities of various laws is getting hard to find in any kind of condition. I see mostly Yugo or Chinese copies now.

The calibre, and the gun itself have always interested me. Simple and utilitarian. A piece of history.

So - it's mine. Have at it. Commie junk. John Brown rip-off. Crudely built
    hammer. I know. But a cool piece of history and a new calibre to shoot.

The grip is an odd angle at first, and there is no where for my pinky. The M57 had a longer grip and took ten rounds. (this takes eight) The trigger and sights are far better than I expected, but this is just dry firing. I have yet to receive the paperwork to get to the range and let a few 7.62x25s rip. Look forward to it.

As a 1938 it's a Tula built piece, and stamped with their star.

Anyway, I hope a few of you enjoy my occasional "odd gun" posts. I find it a refreshing break from Colt and S&W myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kurusu, DeaconKC, ei8ht and 15 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    that is a good gun, it is much better than junk. the chinese still make em today.
    Brassmonkey likes this.
    buzzards gotta eat,same as worm.

Member #
    Liked
    3183 times
    Since the market is flooded with Chinese made firearms of all descriptions up here in the Great White North (as you know), I have a Norinco M1911-A1 and a Norinco CQ-A .223 Carbine. Both have been flawless so far. If you don't already have a Black Rifle, now's the time before that "Twit" in Ottawa bans them.

IMG_1456.jpgNorinco CQ-A.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    393 times
    Yes there are lots of M57s and Chinese models up here, that's for sure. I am impressed with the build quality so far on this Russian build.
    I did get a Colt preban (the last round) AR yes, and glad I did. Actually I bought the TT33 in case a more sweeping bsn went through and existing guns were grandfathered.

Thanks for comments and likes.
    824tsv, ei8ht, SHOOTER13 and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8536 times
    A Pre-War Tula Arsenal Stamped Specimen of Soviet Militaria...

A very nice acquisition...Comrade

Congrats !!

=========

...I own a few Cold War Soviet satellite pieces...that have earned their place in history.

Circa 1961 ( Ernst Thaelman Factory, Suhl Germany )

Circa 1970's ( Zastava Arsenal, Yugoslavia [now Serbia] AKMS )

Last edited by SHOOTER13; 06-09-2019 at 03:44 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Member #
    Liked
    8161 times
    There's nothin' wrong with a Tokarev.
    Outside the fact that they are waaay too powerful......if that can be construed as a 'problem'.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    I have a Romanian Tokarev and a few Makarovs. At one time I had four East German Makarovs, two Bulgarians, two CZ82's, a CZ52, a CZ27, a Polish P64 and P83, and the Romy Tok. I have sort of drifted away from CommBloc stuff but I still enjoy shooting what I have left from time to time. Yes, the 7.62x25 is no joke as far as pistol calibers go.

Member #
    Liked
    9687 times
    In Southeast Asia, body armor was sold - with the best being 'Tokarev-Rated', because of the penetration of the round.

Mine's a Chicom Type 54 from a VC paymaster who had no further use for it- thoughtful fellow that he was, he'd greased it and wrapped it in plastic.

Member #
    Liked
    8161 times
    Well....this thing ain't a Colt, it ain't really anything but what it is: an M-92 Yugo, and is is a commie-type setup.
    Some folk are anti-combloc stuff, but golly gee willikers, boys... the stuff runs ...and run and runs.
    It is an Ohio Rapid Fire kit, a Dan Coonan stripped lower, an Apex rivet kit, and a wood pistol grip I found somewhere.
    I did all the drilling, fitting and assembly in my little downstairs shop. I had to 'invent some' tools for the job, but it did not slow me down. My local 'smith did a couple passes through the hot blue for cheap and it came out OK.
    Once I got it working, it ran like a speckled ape.
    It is a hoot to shoot.
    The fireball is approximately the size of a football, only waaaay noisier.

I learned a lot on this project.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Well....this thing ain't a Colt, it ain't really anything but what it is: an M-92 Yugo, and is is a commie-type setup.
    I had a couple M92 kits years back. I considered building one but then with the laws in my state, it's pretty much a no-go. :/
    I sold those kits for about $700 each I think.
    Brassmonkey likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links