Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Brassmonkey
  • 2 Post By hkcavalier

Thread: S&w k22

Member #
    Liked
    478 times

S&w k22

Sure it just arrived, and I always wanted one, but man oh man I am impressed with this K22. The fit, the high polish blue, the target grips, and the case coloured wide trigger and hammer. Just a great looking gun. I can't wait to shoot it. The single action trigger is insanely light. The balance is spot on.

So often it's a bit of a let down when you get something you've admired as a kid. Like meeting a movie star and they have bad breath. This baby does not disappoint.

As a bonus it came with a holster that cleaned up very well with some saddle soap. I'll post the holster separately.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Makes me wonder what the old holster that came with my prewar K-22 would look like after saddle soap and some elbow grease. There's no manufacturer info on the holster, but it's definitely old. Gun was shipped to downtown L.A. in September 1931. While I'll never know, it's fun to imagine a bigtime actor of the era like James Cagney or Gary Cooper buying the gun on a lunch break before heading off into the desert for some fun. K-22s of the time were definitely purchased by people of means.

The modern .22 ammo included in the sale was an enticement of the time (2013) that seems ludicrous now when 325rnd boxes of plinking ammo are $17.

LEO918 and 22_Matt like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2119 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hkcavalier View Post
    Makes me wonder what the old holster that came with my prewar K-22 would look like after saddle soap and some elbow grease. There's no manufacturer info on the holster, but it's definitely old. Gun was shipped to downtown L.A. in September 1931. While I'll never know, it's fun to imagine a bigtime actor of the era like James Cagney or Gary Cooper buying the gun on a lunch break before heading off into the desert for some fun. K-22s of the time were definitely purchased by people of means.

The modern .22 ammo included in the sale was an enticement of the time (2013) that seems ludicrous now when 325rnd boxes of plinking ammo are $17.

Thats a beauty ... i wanna get one just like it! Brass also thanks for posting the pic you did great! S&W revolvers are beautiful /well made.. enjoy it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22448 times
    S&W K-22's are great pistols!!

Member #
    Liked
    4625 times
    I agree...
    Living a dream.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links