All my babies are home back in the safe in Montana
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: All my babies are home back in the safe in Montana

Member #
    Liked
    1675 times

All my babies are home back in the safe in Montana

Not eactly the way we planned as we had bought 6 acres overlooking Flathead lake in 2017 with intentions to build, but the builder was 50% off budget for the road and his estimates for the well were off 50% so we decided not to build but wait and buy a home in the valley.

A friend nearby had my safe and my collection for safe keeping during this transition from WA state to MT.

Well, after moving all our stuff into MT storage and establishing at the campground, this home found us! 1 week after we started our camp host gig at West Shore State Park in Lakeside, MT, this home 10 miles away came up on market, we made a full price offer the same day. The next day it had 6 backup offers!

Flathead lake is the largest natural lake west of the mississippi. 27 miles long!

1.5 acres, 1600 sq ft home built in 2015 with a man cave garage (4 car) complete with a car lift! A small MIL building with a bed and electricity and we have a beautiful view of Wild Horse Island and Flathead lake as well as a private boat launch. Corten siding, metal roof, established raised bed garden with deer fence. The MIL apartment, half of it is a storage shed with a dividing wall.

We cut our hosting gig to just two months instead of 4 (they had back up hosts waiting to get in) so we officially moved in June 27th. We saved a ton of money by NOT building and the wife loves to fish so naturally we boat a new fishing boat too! Private boat launch in the neighborhood. Gun club range is a mere 20 min down the road.

Winters will be in San Diego and Texas with our 5th wheel trailer, summers here in MT.

Life is good, I really need to slow down though, it's been 13 months since I retired and have never been busier in my life than I am now! :O

Hope all my friends here are doing well, PM me if you're in the Dayton, MT area, you got a place to stay. We're 1.5 hrs from Glacier National Park.

All photos are linked here at SmugMug --> https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/Ripsnort-Ranch/

Member #
    Liked
    2119 times
    Congratulations on your new home and good luck in all your exciting adventures. Thanks for sharing with us.

Tom

Member #
    Liked
    2347 times
    Very nice. Why wouldn't you stay for the Winter?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3779 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosby View Post
    Congratulations on your new home and good luck in all your exciting adventures. Thanks for sharing with us.

Tom
    What Tom said +1.
    Craig
    Sportsdad60 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21351 times
    What a beautiful place to live!!!
    Sportsdad60 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    466 times
    Wow, that would be my dream home. Any prairie (?) dogs?
    Sportsdad60 likes this.
    Amat Victoria Curam

Member #
    Liked
    1544 times
    Very nice
    Sportsdad60 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ussmanlovede36 View Post
    Very nice. Why wouldn't you stay for the Winter?
    Oh we will, but we already had planned 12 months on the road with the 5th wheel, so we're still going to San Diego (relatives) for Nov/Dec, then Corpus Christi, TX on the gulf coast for Jan-Mar. We'll be back in April and then stay the following winter.

This area (South Flathead valley) gets very little snow compared to Kalispell and the whole valley is essentially a banana belt compared to the rest of MT in the winter.
    Our previous spot in Ennis (where we married) had brutal cold windy winters.

Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 29aholic View Post
    Wow, that would be my dream home. Any prairie (?) dogs?
    Not prarie dogs but we have been killing a few "gophers" as the locals call them, up at my buddies place. Too many lake homes in close proximity in this community of 1.5 acre lots.

i-FRSHpnS-M.jpg
    LEO918 and 29aholic like this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Congratulations on the new garage and lake and to your wife for the house!
    Sportsdad60 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links