Interesting S&W Victory M&P Lens Lease Gun....let’s see your milsurp revolvers!

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Interesting S&W Victory M&P Lens Lease Gun....let’s see your milsurp revolvers!

I picked this guy up on Saturday at a pawn shop in Morgantown WV. I traded a makarov and $75 for it. All in all I have $230 in it. This is a 1942 Smith Wesson M&P Victory Model that is part of the lend lease program with Britain. You can see all the British proof marks all over it. The interesting part is that you can see the name of a German town and police unit markings on it too. These indicate that this was likely given to a German police unit in occupied Germany after the war. A cool tale and thought you guys might want to see it. Don’t worry, I have correct grips coming in the mail 🙂

Member #
    Liked
    1141 times
    Indeed, many British Service revolvers did duty as police guns during the occupation after World War Two. The British guns were chambered for the .38 S&W cartridge and used with the dimensionally identical .38-200 aka .380 inch Mark IIz. In the Fifties many of these were imported into the US. To make them sell more easily, many of them were rechambered to .38 Special by the simple expedient of reaming the cylinders with a .38 Special reamer.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links