Your Favorite WW2 Rifles
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Your Favorite WW2 Rifles

Member #
    Liked
    2304 times
    Sorry. Can't choose between these models 'cause I like 'em all real well!

Sorry the '44 1911A1 Remington Rand slipped into the photo. These are all "typewriter guns."

Attached Images Attached Images
    krag96, toucan and SHOOTER13 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    850 times
    The Swede AG42B Ljungman is nice.

krag96 and Olle like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1150 times
    One of my diseases is the love of military rifles. Here's a couple of pics.

" No Man Is Entitled To The Blessings Of Freedom Unless He Be Vigilant In It's Preservation"
    -General Douglas MacArthur-

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13061 times
    When I was in junior high at my dad's friend's house we looked at his weird pregnant looking "army rifle". It was original except for a refinished stock. A few years later my dad bought it for $175. Not being into military arms, I sold that old 1941 Johnson .30-06 a couple years after inheriting it. It just did not have the sentimental hook his favorite guns did for me. I gave my wife $1,000 out of what I got for it.
    krag96 and saintclair like this.

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy1600 View Post
    One of my diseases is the love of military rifles. Here's a couple of pics.

I am really digging that carousel of rifles, bunch of Garands included....What is on the other side? Nice !
    459459, krag96, Pappy1600 and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    850 times
    Swedish M41 Sniper

krag96, Olle, saintclair and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1702 times
    Here is a very unusual WWII rifle. Some have called it a fake but I have no reason to think it is not real. Consider the time and place and it looks like a departing gift made for a Commanding General. There is enough info on the plaque to figure out who he was and where it was made up when you add in the date of the gun. Why would anyone want to fake a gun like this is beyond me and to a little known General at that. It was an Eastern Front General and it was most likely done for his departure in late 1944. I am guessing limited resources limited them to build it there. The work is a bit rough but well done.

IMG_4581.jpg IMG_4578.jpg IMG_4583.jpg IMG_4585.JPG IMG_4586.JPG
    This all started with one gun!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    850 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikebiker View Post
    Here is a very unusual WWII rifle. Some have called it a fake but I have no reason to think it is not real. Consider the time and place and it looks like a departing gift made for a Commanding General. There is enough info on the plaque to figure out who he was and where it was made up when you add in the date of the gun. Why would anyone want to fake a gun like this is beyond me and to a little known General at that. It was an Eastern Front General and it was most likely done for his departure in late 1944. I am guessing limited resources limited them to build it there. The work is a bit rough but well done.
    The barrel, with rear sight and front sling swivel, looks to have been installed from a Type-B or similar sporting rifle. Definitely unconventional. But I like it!
    krag96 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    I have been looking for a Johnson SA Rifle for years and have only seen two I could handle. Of course I'd prefer a USMC hand-me-down but a civilian model would be a great stand in. I'd appreciate seeing some photography of it as well as learning how yours is setup. Years ago I remember seeing an ad for civilian Johnson for sale at $69. I wish I had seen the ad then.
    I agree with you on the Garand, my first was a NM from the DCM in 1957 (I believe) for $98. At the same time I bought two M1903A3 Rifles at $39 each. Those were the days! Foreign military hardware was weeded out in the early 1960s to make room in the safes. Happy New Year. Ed
    krag96 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1702 times
    Found a few pictures of my Johnson while it was still at thew store. An odd fact about the Johnsons is that the parts are all numbered but not supposed to match. There is actually a record of the first batch without the A prefix and the mismatched numbers are listed for each gun.

IMG_0865.jpg IMG_0866.jpgIMG_0860.jpg IMG_0863.jpg
    Last edited by Mikebiker; 01-02-2020 at 11:33 PM.
    This all started with one gun!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links