Favorite WWI & WWII KNIVES
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Favorite WWI & WWII KNIVES

Member #
    Liked
    1702 times

Favorite WWI & WWII KNIVES

I do like my knives and bayonets. I do not have individual pictures of many of them so Ive pictured a few as displayed. I have do some more German Daggers that are not pictured. A good number of what is pictured is WWI and WWII Some are foreign. Some are much older and a few but not many are more recent. The flag is an Oklahoma 46 star version pre dating WWI.

IMG_4164.jpg IMG_4176.jpg IMG_4185.jpg IMG_1011.jpg IMG_1032.jpg
    This all started with one gun!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    16568 times
    In 1943 Bo Randall licensed W.F. Larsen of Springfield MA to manufacture the model #1-8". Bo Randall was to receive a royalty of .50 per knife. In lieu of cash Bo chose instead to take his royalty in gas rationing tickets. About 1200 Springfield Randall knives were made before Bill Larsen died. There are many knives on the market made from left over parts so be careful. This is the nicest example of an original Springfield Randall that I've seen.

Chaparosa, JohnnyP, jrm and 10 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Member #
    Liked
    1378 times
    I like the M3 fighting knife and it's progeny, the M4 through M7 bayonets. Strong, tough, good size and shape for sticking people and a handle you could hang on to. The M3 was originally designated for issue to soldiers not otherwise equipped with a bayonet.

img_9451_1_1.jpg1311857082486378454.jpg1189b.jpg
    JOG, martin08, Mikebiker and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    Most people rightly associate the kukri knife design with the famous British Gurkha troops. Less well known is the use of the kukri by American GIs. Many of the Mk II design, especially in the shorter versions, found their way into Allied tanks, fighters and bombers. Here, some 101st Airborne paratroopers, with a soldier in the front row proudly displaying his kukri.
    101st Airborne.jpg
    Here, the regular and short versions of the Mk II kukri.
    WWII MkII-regular_and aircrew versions.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    850 times
    M1910 BOLO

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    838 times
    The Utica M3 that my Dad carried in WWII and a WWI 1917 L.F.&C.

M3 Utica Trench Knife.jpg

M1917 L.F.&C. Trench Knife.jpg

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    8424 times
    Back in the 70's and 80's I collected knives, mostly American military knives and bayonets but anything that caught my eye.

I had a nice US Mark One bronze knuckle trench knife with the scabbard, A US M3 combat knife, brand new in the wrap US Navy Mark One and Mark Two combat knives both in the gray fiberglass bayonet type scabbards, a 1917 Remington bayonet to go with my 1917 Rifle, a United Fork & Hoe bayonet for my M1 Rifle, a M1905 Rock Island Bayonet for my 1903 rifle, a Model 1917 spike blade combat knife, and about 20 other knives and bayonets.

Among the oddities I had was a Canopy Break-Out tool.
    This was mounted in an aircraft and was used to break the canopy of a crashed aircraft to escape.
    Canopy breaker.jpg

I also had a WWII fighting knife made from the front 1/3rd of a Patton Saber.
    This was different then the usual in that it was obviously a mass produced knife with a stamped steel cross guard and "coke bottle" walnut handle held with copper rivets.
    The seller said these were found in a box in the old Springfield Armory labeled "Officer's Boot knives". They were selling these made from three sections of the saber.

I had a LC14B Woodsman's Pal tool/weapon/survival tool, in the canvas sheath.
    martin08, Mikebiker and Kurusu like this.

Member #
    Liked
    975 times
    No pics at the moment, but I have several Fairbairn Sykes commando knives from WWII
    Mikebiker and Kurusu like this.
    Curtis M Brier, CPA, CIA, CFE

Amat Victoria Curam

Never buy a gun you'll have to make excuses for later

Member #
    Liked
    850 times
    A M1905 bayonet from Springfield Armory, dated 1913.

The M1917 scabbard has the somewhat rare First Pattern leather attachment for the belt hanger, and marked Jewell 1917.

Member #
    Liked
    975 times
    A few knives

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Curtis M Brier, CPA, CIA, CFE

Amat Victoria Curam

Never buy a gun you'll have to make excuses for later

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links