Value for lost Python
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Value for lost Python

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Sorry for your loss. This character derserves some time if he had anything to do with its theft. The fact that he has been relatively uncooperative with you tells me that he most likely is involved with the theft. Too bad they don't get a search warrant for his home, it might be in his collection. Unfortunately there may not be enough probable cause for the search warrant. BTW who is this scoundrel so others can avoid him like the plague?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1842 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
    Sorry for your loss. This character derserves some time if he had anything to do with its theft. The fact that he has been relatively uncooperative with you tells me that he most likely is involved with the theft. Too bad they don't get a search warrant for his home, it might be in his collection. Unfortunately there may not be enough probable cause for the search warrant. BTW who is this scoundrel so others can avoid him like the plague?
    Perhaps the matter can be resolved in Small Claims Court (I don't know what the monetary damages cap for SCC is in your state). If it cannot be resolved in this manner, I hope you retained an attorney and are taking legal action. In either case do not give the dealer's name out on this or any other forum until the matter is resolved. Don't say anymore to anyone about the situation. If you retained an attorney, let your lawyer handle the matter -- that is what you hired him/her to do. Good luck!
    Last edited by Colt75; 07-29-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    520 times
    Colt75 is right - It might be better not to "talk" to much about it untill it's settled. Then let us know who this scumbag is. Good Luck and don't give up.
    This is America - You don't redistribute wealth. You earn it !! " Shoot em in the right eye - it spoils their aim!"
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Whittington Center Life Member
    Life Member NAHC

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Terrible experience!!

It appears the gun dealer is a crook. All he had to do was reimburse you for your loss but he even tried to get out of that.

Let us know who he is please (i.e., maybe after it is settled). That way the word can start getting around to not do business with what appears to be a scumbag criminal.

ETA: Go to Gunbroker.com and see what those Pythons are selling for. You'll see they are selling for more than $750.00 almost all of the time.
    Last edited by RDak; 07-30-2009 at 05:00 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My attorney advised me not to name him until court proceeding have begun. I can tell what happened, info on gun, and ask for people to be on the lookout for it. But that is about it. My attorney is family, so I am getting off cheap, he will not be so lucky. I am being as legal as possible. Once court begins, it becomes public record. I will then let everyone know who he is. It is really kinda of sad, he has been in business for quite some time. Since this started I have had quite a few people tell me similiar things have happened when dealing with him. Wish I would have heard these things before.

The issue with taking money directly from him is, that it could constitute a sale of the weapon and then if it reappears, he would retain rights to it.

I have an Uncle that is a Captain in the State Police and my mother-in-law is a Seargent with the Sheriffs department. I stay within all boundaries of the law, I came to find out that it can work for you.

Member #
    Liked
    520 times
    Well good luck and keep us posted. I took a guy to small claims once for a similar problem and wouldn't ya know all of a sudden the guy found it and delivered.
    This is America - You don't redistribute wealth. You earn it !! " Shoot em in the right eye - it spoils their aim!"
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Whittington Center Life Member
    Life Member NAHC

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    "As of yesterday, he had never reported it to the ATF and they were extremely concerned and when they read the police report that he never recorded the numbers they said they would send agents out to his store."

Well, you at least have the satisfaction of knowing that he had a VERY bad day when ATF showed up at his door!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My attorney contacted a few dealers, and the conclusion she came up with is that a Python with a factory refinish assuming it has no other issues, retails for 1500.00. She is sending a demand letter for 1500.00 plus her fees(25% if out of court settlement), and if he does not accept, then it is court for 1500.00 plus appreciation of the gun since they told her Pythons appreciate over the years, her fees and court costs( 40% if we go to court). She read the police report and our statements and said it is a no brainer. He took it, "lost" it and is required to reimburse me for my loss according to the laws of the state. She told me I was stupid for trying to settle for 750.00. Since the gun was going for a factory refinish, I can include in the value what it would be when it came back minus fees for the refinish. I am glad I am a law abiding person and have never been sued. It will take a few months to go to court, but it is worth it. As soon as the paperwork is filed, (it becomes public record) I will let everyone know that if they deal with him, be very careful.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry to hear about your problems, I don't think I'd be handling it as well as you. Hopefully this jerk won't go out of business as a result of being investigated, it would be next to impossible to collect on your lawsuit. It's hard enough when defendants stay in business! best of luck.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Yeah, it sounds like collecting on civil is not entirely straightforward.

But, on the other hand, sounds like he's going to get have an aggressively unhappy experience. Nice work on follow through!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links