Value for lost Python
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Value for lost Python

Member #
    Liked
    2024 times
    Let us know if the cops or ATF have his sorry butt!

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    It sounds like he is going to have some issues with the BATFE. If he filed a police report showing the Python as stolen ( after they investigated) and didn't notify BATFE he is in for some trouble. As far as Small Claims Court goes, some states don't allow attorneys in order to keep the process reasonable in cost for low dollar issues. Whatever your situation is you can get some real good quotes of value by printing completed auctions on Gunbroker.com.
    I wish you luck in resolving your issue.

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Not an attorney or judge but I would be surprised if you are awarded the full $1500.00. Simply because the FFL did not lose a factory re-finished python (which you are demanding $1500.00 for); he lost a holster worn used python. He took position of a used finish python and is responsible for a used finish python (whatever monetary value that maybe); if he would have lost it after it came back from Colt than he would be responsible for a newly re-finished python. To me the original holster worn finish is worth more than a re-finish but my opinion doesn’t matter and isn’t the real case. You can include the refinish value in the demand (and it’s a smart move demanding as much as you can) but what you demand and what you get maybe two different things. However, you never know the judge may want to prove a point especially since he "lost" a firearm and end up awarding you everything you ask for. Also I myself would have probably taken him to small claims court so I didn’t loose half the awarded amount to the attorney. I’m sorry to hear about your situation and wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out for you.
    Last edited by gunpoor; 08-03-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    Colt Revolvers: Elegant Weapons For A More Civilized Age

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It is not about the money anymore, I tried to be reasonable and he dismissed me. So now it is a matter of principle. He asked me to give him a few days to consider a settlement and he would call me and give me an answer. I have never received a call of any kind from him. I have the money to buy another Python, but I refuse to be taken advantage of. If I walk out with 3,000.00, it is the same to me if I walk out with 500.00. I still do not have the very first gun I ever purchased, my children will never have the honor of owning my first gun, and it was the most accurate of all my pistols. I sold a Kimber Super Match II last year that was NIB, 2 SIg 226, and a Kimber Custom. The Python would never have been sold, hard to explain that no matter the money, I am still without my 1st born.

The Super Match II was just as accurate I'm sure, just never shot it. The Python was a classy beautiful gun that is second to none. It laid in its box on the top shelf of my safe and was treated better than all my other guns. I am getting worked up again just talking about it.

1500.00 may be high, but I did find a 1975 Python with very similiar wear that just sold on gunsamerica for 1399.00. If the serial number wasn't different, I would have swore it was my gun.
    Last edited by hammers2121; 08-04-2009 at 08:12 AM.
    Bigl1911 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    520 times
    I understand what you mean. My Python was bought a month after I got married. I spent the weeks grocery money on it, it was a deal I couldn't pass up! My wife thought I was nuts. I have a picturse of my son who was born a couple months later "holding" it in his car seat. A picture he still talks about. Well 33 years later I've still got that Python and my wife, plus many more firearms have come and gone, although my wife says I never sell a gun. My son will get this passed down to him and hopefully he'll pass it on to his kids. I feel for your lost and can understand your anger. I think I would have had the guy by the neck.
    This is America - You don't redistribute wealth. You earn it !! " Shoot em in the right eye - it spoils their aim!"
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Whittington Center Life Member
    Life Member NAHC

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Here is funny. Reading these posts at lunch when my cell phone rings. He left me a message that if I come by his shop today, he is ready to settle. Dollar short, and a day late. I signed a contract with my attorney yesterday and I can have no contact with him, it all goes through her. Keeps me from doing anything stupid. He should have settled before he tried pushing me around. Now he can deal with her.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by broknaxl View Post
    ... Well 33 years later I've still got that Python and my wife, ...
    Quite unusual. Most wives don't last that long.
    ML

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by d.r.e. View Post
    ... Actually, the UPS stores and Fedex/kinko's I've tried will ship it if it is going back to the manufacturer (i.e. colt). … .
    UPS stores no longer do that. When the store I usually ship from told me that, I didn't believe them. I called UPS and they told me they no longer allow their satellite stores to accept firearms. I had to go to the hub.
    ML

Member #
    Liked
    520 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hammers2121 View Post
    Here is funny. Reading these posts at lunch when my cell phone rings. He left me a message that if I come by his shop today, he is ready to settle. Dollar short, and a day late. I signed a contract with my attorney yesterday and I can have no contact with him, it all goes through her. Keeps me from doing anything stupid. He should have settled before he tried pushing me around. Now he can deal with her.
    I bet it will really frost him that it's a woman Attorney to boot. LOL
    This is America - You don't redistribute wealth. You earn it !! " Shoot em in the right eye - it spoils their aim!"
    Life Member NAHC

Member #
    Liked
    520 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
    Quite unusual. Most wives don't last that long.
    Yeah, she's put up with a lot, but she always has stood by me and most of all didn't mind my firearm addiction!!
    Case in point - I sent her an Email at work that I was bidding on something "for the safe" and the bidding was up to $1,200.00 what did she think? Her answer was one word " GODSPEED" - I won the bid at $1,350.
    Life Member NAHC

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links