Python with non matching serial #'s
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Python with non matching serial #'s

Member #
    Liked
    1352 times
    I guess you saw that discrepancy a long time ago, since you had the gun for close to 40 years. If youíve enjoyed for that long, maybe you shouldnít worry too much about it. At least both number date to 1978, and if a repair was made, it was a long time ago and those parts have been together for most of the guns life.

Sometimes itís good to just enjoy the gun, without afterthoughts about its potential collector or resale value. Still a nice gun.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Ignorance is bliss Olle. We know who you are and what you do, for each of us and the Forum in general. You are a master at your craft, and whose knowledge about guns, grips, and all things related to smithing is nonpareil. Thanks for your help.....the grease worked exactly as you said it would.

Jerry
    Olle likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2418 times
    [QUOTE=Olle;2997239]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald12 View Post
    According to those who think that only one person lives in Sparta, yes.
    So you are the person that sells on the sites under Vikrant , Coltboxman , blovit?
    Last edited by Ronald12; 05-22-2019 at 08:40 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald12 View Post
    So you are the person that sells on the sites under Vikrant , Coltboxman , blovit?
    No, I am not him just because my mailing address is Sparta, TN. There's probably about 25,000-30,000 Non-Dennises served by this post office.
    skwcoltguy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Member #
    Liked
    2418 times
    Ok. I was not clear but appreciate the explanation.
    Ron

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Ron, I do not know how you could be here since 2011, with 2,075 posts, and not know who Olle(Olof) is. I thought your posts and accusations were very rude, and I think you own him and apology here for all to see.

Jerry

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubrecon View Post
    Ignorance is bliss Olle. We know who you are and what you do, for each of us and the Forum in general. You are a master at your craft, and whose knowledge about guns, grips, and all things related to smithing is nonpareil. Thanks for your help.....the grease worked exactly as you said it would.

Jerry
    A good point since it shoots ok,but I would still like to know(as Paul Harvey used to say) the rest of the story

Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    A good point since it shoots ok,but I would still like to know(as Paul Harvey used to say) the rest of the story
    so it has a born on date of 1978 and you got it in the early 80s. I assume it was a used gun when you bought it. Given that it was only a few years old when you got it, the best guess is that the cylinder got damaged somehow and somebody before you replaced it. Short of tracking down the first owner, you will never really know.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I brought this issue up earlier this year in another post and some folks commented on strike year guns. On my similar gun there are non matching numbers on frame and crane. Last 3 digits on crane is in the 800ís and frame 900ís. Iíve confirmed my brother bought this gun new. I also spoke to Colt and the guy didnít seem impressed and said Ďall we go by is whatís on he frameí. Iím assuming an assembly error especially since the numbers are so close it would be weird to be a later repair or replacement. I understand with cars numbers matching means something but in this case Iím not worried especially since I donít plan on selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    If I get info from Colt as to where the two serial numbered guns were shipped I might stand a chance.If one went to say Chicago and the other to L A I am probably dead in the water but if the went to the same place or somewhere in close proximity I might have a chance.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links