Python with non matching serial #'s
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Python with non matching serial #'s

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    I checked the colts I have here in Der Vaterland (one DB in .22LR and a Python) and both the frames and cylinder cranes have matching S/Ns. Cannot speak for my colt wheel guns that are Stateside but would guess the same.
    Just returned from a visit with Ollie,I believe the mystery is solved.He is satisfied the gun came from the factory as I have it now.If he reads this
    he can say how satisfied he is in that regard.Thanks Ollie it was a pleasure meeting you and learning a thing or two.

Member #
    Liked
    3945 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Just returned from a visit with Ollie,I believe the mystery is solved.He is satisfied the gun came from the factory as I have it now.If he reads this
    he can say how satisfied he is in that regard.Thanks Ollie it was a pleasure meeting you and learning a thing or two.
    It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife as well! I looked over the gun really good, and the finish is no doubt factory original nickel. Took the side plate off to check the serial number, and it matches the frame. The crane fit is perfect and there are no signs of retrofitting, just the usual marks from factory fitting. Making a replacement crane fit that well and blend in with the frame contour would be darn near impossible without disturbing the frame finish in the process, so everything I saw indicates a factory mistake.
    pullstart, skwcoltguy and mafd2 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Member #
    Liked
    8702 times
    Great thread.
    This is why colt forum is such a high-end site.
    Colt Forum Forever!
    HooRah!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Ollie I have a few pictures and a story:

Recently a friend showed me a gun with the following story.In 1934 his grandfather was killed in a truck accident.In his pocket they found this gun.It has been in the family since.My limited research ability tells me that it was made between 1899 and 1907.I have seen a few on line but none in this shape
    If you are so inclined take a look,I would be very interested in your thoughtsIMG_2112.JPGIMG_2113.JPGIMG_2115.JPG
    Collects likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3945 times
    I'm certainly not an expert on the early revolvers, but I believe it's a renickel. IIRC, they came with case hardened details from the factory, and some parts look a bit "buffed out". Nice gun though, wouldn't mind having one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links