Queried my Pythons on this report.
    They were offended...
    sturmgewehr and Monsai52 like this.
    Colt snubbies rule.

dsk

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    If it's not the same exact weapon then they need to call it the Python II or something else. This is as bad as FCA rolling out a new plush SUV for soccer moms called the Cherokee that can't even follow one of the ancient old XJ Cherokees too far off the trail without getting stuck. Yes I know Colt is paying good money to keep the old trademarks, but calling a mass-produced, MIM-laden revolver a Python is a slap in the face to all Colt lovers.
    68python likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Gentlemen, it will only be a Python in name, they wont be able to produce a hand fitted, tuned action. it wont be cost effective and frankly they dont have the skilled labor except perhaps in the custom shop. Im sure the action, lockwork will change to facilitate mass production, assemblers not skilled fitters needed. The only semblance of the Python will probably be the signature ventilated rib and under lug. Colt will probably produce something to meet the S&W 586, 686 head on but with the rampant Colt logo. I hate to sound so negative but from a business standpoint this is my interpretation of how Colt will proceed with the reintroduction of the Python.
    KMKCOLT and Dodge City like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5806 times
    So, let us hope that the stacking is engineered out of the double action. But, watch "classic" Python prices hit the roof once the true gen2 emerges.
    WVCOLT likes this.
    NRA Life member. 31 year LEO. Moderator
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Survivor of 3 Cancers: PTCL-NOS, AITL, MDS, plus a stem cell transplant. My condensed cancer journey
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    under "about me" and more detail
    Avatar: "No, it's not a silencer. This little doodad is my own invention. I call it a LOUDENER"

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    If Colt makes a new model of the Python & they put in the craftsmanship like was done with the new King Cobra, Then Colt
    should do very well making a new Python. The new KC is darn near perfect IMHO. Yes I agree to the "wait & see" attitude.

Shoot well & Accurate
    ColtsDad likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    First, have a look at this thread where the question about a new Python was asked years ago and ALL the internet experts weighed in and said absolutely not, Colt will never make another new Python again. https://www.coltforum.com/forums/pyt...-revolver.html

Now it should be agreed that Colt will 99% never make a new Python like how it did the old one (i.e., hand made). It would be CNC made and everyone here is saying it won't be as good as the old, hand-made ones were. This is not necessarily true.

Consider an older Python to be like a Browning B25. Both were made by hand to exacting tolerances and are excellent firearms that are highly desirable. The B25 is still made that way. Is it the best there is? Browning says so Tullio Fabbri would disagree. His guns are considered the absolute best shotguns on earth and are almost completely machine made (apart from assembly). He has a $10 million CNC machine just to make screws. Korth went from making its revolvers like old Pythons and B25s (all hand made) to making them like Fabbris. They are different from the older models but still highly desirable.

If Colt can use very high quality materials and mfg these guns to exacting tolerances, there is no reason to believe that a new Python would not be a desirable gun in its own right. If it could make the new Python to be the equal or better of a new Korth National Standard, I would love to have some.
    Last edited by Max_Power; 06-12-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2225 times
    I like the idea of another Colt product comming out and I hope it's successful.
    Bulldozer and Ugly like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    First, have a look at this thread where the question about a new Python was asked years ago and ALL the internet experts weighed in and said absolutely not, Colt will never make another new Python again. https://www.coltforum.com/forums/pyt...-revolver.html

Now it should be agreed that Colt will 99% never make a new Python like how it did the old one (i.e., hand made). It would be CNC made and everyone here is saying it won't be as good as the old, hand-made ones were. This is not necessarily true.

Consider an older Python to be like a Browning B25. Both were made by hand to exacting tolerances and are excellent firearms that are highly desirable. The B25 is still made that way. Is it the best there is? Browning says so Tullio Fabbri would disagree. His guns are considered the absolute best shotguns on earth and are almost completely machine made (apart from assembly). He has a $10 million CNC machine just to make screws. Korth went from making its revolvers like old Pythons and B25s (all hand made) to making them like Fabbris. They are different from the older models but still highly desirable.

If Colt can use very high quality materials and mfg these guns to exacting tolerances, there is no reason to believe that a new Python would not be a desirable gun in its own right. If it could make the new Python to be the equal or better of a new Korth National Standard, I would love to have some.

I think a new Python will be GREAT!!!! I agree with all that is said above. In some ways, a new Python might just be better then the old.
    Redcat94 and CajunBass like this.

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    IF and WHEN it happens, it will be massed produced with plenty of cast and MIM parts and way overpriced. Don't hold your breath!! And I agree that it will not reduce the outrageous prices of the original Pythons.
    saintclair and Rigby like this.

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    these are very hard times in the gun industry. I know of a few gun shops back home that were betting on an HRC win in 2016 with panic buying expected to ensue for AR15s so they bought every AR they could get their hands on. Those guns are still sitting unboxed in inventory, stacked floor to ceiling. So something new is needed and unless Colt has a new plastic, striker-fired, wonder 9 up its sleeve (owing to the current market shortage of such guns ), then a new Python is just what it needs.
    WilliamMunny and 459459 like this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links