New Colt Python coming.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: New Colt Python coming.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Guys, I carried a 6” blue Python as my duty weapon from 1977-1980. It was either that or a 15 yr old Model 10. For some unknown reason or one I refuse to remember, I either sold it or traded it. What an idiot I was!!! If they release a new Python, you darn straight I’ll by one, shoot it and leave it to my heirs.
    ColtsDad, rock185 and marrunred like this.
    “Dadah”
    Kevin

Member #
    Liked
    463 times
    We get to beat a dead horse again with this topic...yeah! I guess in this case it would be a dead pony!! The Python has been out for quite a few years since the originals were discontinued, it's made by Umarex and in pellet gun form. Hand fitted internals by robots, and a gorgeous dull black finish. Hopefully all the smart marketing gurus at Colt will just have Umarex make the newest version as well. I should be on their payroll for that suggestion. I mean bean counting is Colt's only business model these days. I'm sure a $1399 MSRP or something crazy will be the price point, and then a year later it will be on Cheapguns.com for half that. What a shame to use all of the old names, how ridiculous. But starting with the Cobra name of all the names they had to pick from, shows just how dumb the powers at the top really are. Meanwhile, Ruger is killing it with new revolver releases and even a new custom shop! Giving the customers precisely what they ask for. Good luck Colt's Mfg. Way too little way too late.
    I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Welcome the new Python gentlemen! First of all the old Python is too costly to manufacture the “old” way. I have wanted to get a Python for my first .357. I was going to settle by converting a New Service in .45 LC to .357. I have a Colt Anaconda in .44 mag and like it over the 629 I had and sold. Now there is a new King Cobra, can’t we call that a 2nd Generation pistol? Sure a 1st Generation SAA or a Python is a more desirable gun to have, but why can’t there be a better made Python with the new manufacturing methods? Well I am planning now to leave the New Service alone, buy a “2nd gen” King Cobra and replace the 3” barrel with a 6” one from a “1st gen” one, and when it comes out I will buy a “2nd gen” Python. I don’t mind 2nd gen black powder pistols and 3rd gen SAAs while wouldn’t I buy a 2nd gen Python?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I follow Colt on Instagram an here is a link to a video they posted a month ago on May 13th with the following comments; At the R&D Range trying out something new. https://www.instagram.com/p/BxareCsA...=1vcsyidas3ydq
    WVCOLT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    I have a new Colt Night Cobra. I am very pleased with it. Very smooth, accurate and comfortable. It stands on its own. I have had a renewed interest in revolvers the last several years. I will most likely get the New Python when it comes out because I have a thing for Colts and because I can.
    Must be blue or what passes for blue now days.
    Last edited by Bulldozer; 06-14-2019 at 05:43 AM.
    ColtsDad likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Like most things we grew up with and liked, the "new" Python will be a change from the original. Think S&W, Ruger, etc, all re-engineered to keep costs within bounds. It will probably be an excellent revolver; maybe not as "refined", but strong, accurate and no doubt well fitted. For those who want another (or just one) Python, it should be more affordable than the first generation. I won't buy one, but then, I also won't buy any other gun either. I have what I need, and what I want is merely irrelevant.

Member #
    Liked
    3197 times
    It'll be interesting if it will be a new larger frame size, or the existing Cobra frame pimped up with a vent rib, like the old Diamondback, only in 357. That's my guess.

Best regards,
    WVCOLT, Rigby, Olle and 2 others like this.
    My opinion is free, and worth every penny of it.

Member #
    Liked
    524 times
    I think Monsai52 hit it on the nose.

Member #
    Liked
    3987 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsai52 View Post
    It'll be interesting if it will be a new larger frame size, or the existing Cobra frame pimped up with a vent rib, like the old Diamondback, only in 357. That's my guess.

Best regards,
    It will be the new .357 King Cobra frame/action (basically an upsized new Cobra) with a vent rib barrel and adjustable rear sight, sounds like it will come with wooden grips and I guess they might do a basic trigger job on it to set it apart from the King Cobra. The only other change they might try is a full size grip frame to emulate the classic Python profile, even though I doubt it. I don't think anybody would bet too much money on it being anything else.
    WVCOLT and mkk41 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    847 times
    And it won’t have an internal lock. That’s all I care about.
    Uplander likes this.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links